Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pacific Screech Owl (Costa Rica)  (Read 1270 times)

Glenn Bartley

• Glenn Bartley Nature Photography
Pacific Screech Owl (Costa Rica)
« on: May 18, 2012, 10:51:57 am »

I've been on a total Owling mission lately whenever I go down to the tropics. The past few trips it has been really fun to learn a bit more about nocturnal photography and to find so many different species. I think I have photographed 12 species in the past 6 months  :shock:

Here's one from the dry forests of Costa Rica last month...

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
Shutter speed: 1/60 sec
Aperture: 5.6
Flash: On
ISO: 640
Lens: EF500mm f/4L IS USM +1.4x

Tony Jay

Re: Pacific Screech Owl (Costa Rica)
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 08:25:00 pm »

Those eyes!

Great image Glenn.
Another winner.

Regards

Tony Jay

dmerger

Re: Pacific Screech Owl (Costa Rica)
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 05:49:19 pm »

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.  ;) 

I thought about posting my photo when I first saw you photo, Glenn, but thought it best not to step on your work.  I hope sufficient time has passed so that you don't take offense to my now posting my photo.  I hope you and others find it interesting, even thought it's not so good from a technical standpoint.

Shot with in my backyard with a Canon P&S, with self timer, on a tripod, on top of a step ladder. "My" owls are very used to my presence so I can get very close to them. They nest here and produce chicks every year.  Beautiful little birds. Last spring one little chick fell, or got pushed, out of the owl box.  When I first noticed it, there was a six foot long rat snake 20 feet away and moving in for lunch.  I was able to rescue the chick and put it back in the owl box. 
Dean Erger
Pages: [1]   Go Up