Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: your next bigger better MF camera with huge dynamic range  (Read 2671 times)

Ben Rubinstein

Re: your next bigger better MF camera with huge dynamic range
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 05:24:30 am »

Cooling the sensor to -100 degrees C, now that's serious cooling for a sensor!

Shame his list of 'well known photographers', with the exception of Heisler, is not really that impressive.

MrSmith

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 05:58:19 am »

i like the willingness to move technology forward though even for such a small company, i wonder if they will do an Aston Martin version with carbon fibre/Connolly leather side panels

theguywitha645d

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 11:05:44 am »

If it only had Sweep Panorama and a Sports exposure mode, I would be in heaven. I would just process those images on my Commodore 64 and up load them to Flickr with my dial-up connection.

cunim

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2012, 09:38:07 am »

I have one of Spectral's cryogenic cameras sitting on a shelf as a decorative object.  We used to sell these with a smaller CCD for about $70K, including the heavy part - a cryogenic gas pump.  We also had a 3' long f0.9 lens that weighed about 25 lb.  So, you mount the camera on your shoulder via a monopod fused to your backbone.  A lens support is bolted to your chest (clavicle would give enough purchase).  An assistant carries the gas pump, and another the generator to power it and the camera electronics package.  Sure would make a Leica M9 monochrome look lame though. 

Of all the camera companies I worked with, Spetral was by far the best.

Fine_Art

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2012, 03:23:49 pm »

If it only had Sweep Panorama and a Sports exposure mode, I would be in heaven. I would just process those images on my Commodore 64 and up load them to Flickr with my dial-up connection.

I insist on smile detect. It must also work on cats.
Pages: [1]   Go Up