Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tom Phillips  (Read 2136 times)

camilla

Tom Phillips
« on: May 17, 2012, 12:26:30 pm »

I am sad to report news which you may already have heard-- Tom Phillips, a guide in Monument Valley, passed away last Sunday. Our sincere condolences to his family. Tom was a great person and a dedicated guide who has gave to so many photographers around the world the opportunity to photograph intimately the many iconic images of the Valley. He will be greatly missed.

philg

Re: Tom Phillips
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 11:45:57 pm »

On my last trip to Monument Valley I was standing on steps in the parking lot when someone came up to me and asked me if my name was Phil. It was, and I said so. That person was Tom Phillips. He asked me if I was ready to start my photography tour. Strangely, I had considered arranging a tour with Tom but hadn't done so. The other Phil he was speaking of never showed up. I was the only person he had the next day so I basically got a private day with him touring the valley. He was a great guy with a lot of knowledge of the area. Condolences to his family.

michael

Re: Tom Phillips
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 08:43:11 am »

I worked with Tom a couple of times in the early '90s when he was just starting his business with photographers. He was a great guide and will be missed.

Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up