Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Are there scarier fireworks than this?  (Read 1625 times)

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
Are there scarier fireworks than this?
« on: May 17, 2012, 05:47:03 am »

I just wanted to share my experiences at the recent Thrissur Puram (Thrissur being my home town in Kerala, India, and 'puram' meaning 'festival'). Imagine 50 or more elephants, a 100,000 people and earth-shattering fireworks rolled into a 24 hour period. It's one of the things that make my home town unique.

An image to get you started:

Here's a video of the last two minutes of fireworks. It's scary, so don't say I didn't warn you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ESrg3Cnf4nk

I did a photo-documentation (fancy word for snap-shooting) of the entire event, and I've blogged about it. Please feel free to take a peek at my part of the world:

« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 11:33:32 pm by Sareesh Sudhakaran »
Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.

bill t.

• http://www.unit16.net
Re: Thrissur Puram: Are there bigger fireworks than this?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 05:09:39 pm »

That's just like 4th of July in the US.  Except with elephants.  And really, really dangerous fireworks!  Thanks, that was pretty intense.

Nice set of very informative photos & videos.

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Re: Thrissur Puram: Are there bigger fireworks than this?
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2012, 03:29:23 pm »

….and the audio, with the aid of a reasonable sub-woofer is………..impressive!

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
Re: Are there scarier fireworks than this?
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2012, 11:36:27 pm »

Thanks for watching. The second one was closer and even scarier. My wife got so scared she stopped recording and went into a shell.
Get the Free Comprehensive Guide to Rigging ANY Camera - one guide to rig them all - DSLRs to the Arri Alexa.

Sareesh Sudhakaran

• The Indie Farm
Re: Are there scarier fireworks than this?
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2012, 11:37:23 pm »

Didn't know the audio on a Nokia N8 is that good! The real one woofed the pants off me.
Pages: [1]   Go Up