Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Some construction.  (Read 4154 times)

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
Re: Some construction.
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2012, 02:04:14 pm »

Rob, which book? If you go to Amazon and type in JeanLoup Sieff you'll find a whole bunch of books.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Rob C

Re: Some construction.
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2012, 02:47:57 pm »

Rob, which book? If you go to Amazon and type in JeanLoup Sieff you'll find a whole bunch of books.

The one I have is the first one that appears on Amazon - they have a subtitle for it that's 40 Years of Photography. This subtitle only appears inside the book. It's shown at $68.15 new.

Mine, bought in Spain, came with text in three languages: Spanish, Italian and Portuguese but not English. I don't know if Taschen has them printed with a language bias to country of distribution or not.

I'd put this book ahead of my Cowboy Kate by Sam Haskins in my favourite books list. It's worth the price (Sieff's) if only for the man's writings about the photo world, his route into it and what he thought about its 'art gurus' etc. and he was a man with a massive exhibition history! The photographs and the reproduction are both very good, especially from the historical perspective they throw upon fashion shooting, reportage and landscape.

I made use of the languages by jumping from Italian to Spanish, taking the best of my understanding from both! Interesting technique, if slow...

Rob C

« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 02:51:58 pm by Rob C »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up