Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anything new for the future of MEDIA PRO?  (Read 56350 times)

Phil Indeblanc

Anything new for the future of MEDIA PRO?
« on: May 15, 2012, 04:26:05 pm »

I post here as we don't have a DAM catagory, and MPro is a C1 product.

I was wondering if there is any future plans for improvements or changes one can expect in the nexr MPro release?

I have had it in standby as I use other DAMs (I'm using ACDSEE PRo, and testing IDImager).

I had issues with PSD or some other file formats, and did the WIC purchase of fiule support, and still found some glitches in the way it works, and decided this is not a edable fruit yet...still green.
So continuing ACDSee...

I just tried it again , and it crashed trying to import or update folders

Any news?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 06:21:53 pm by Phil Indeblanc »
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

roskav

• http://www.roskavanagh.com
Re: Anything new for the future of MEDIA PRO?
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2012, 04:32:32 am »

Just to add something in case anyone from Media Pro reads..
I bought it a couple of months ago purely on the strength of the way that you can send your image gallery to a client.  They can then rate the shots they want and send a file back to you via the notepad.  This can then be integrated into your library so you have their choices automatically flagged on your machine.  Great concept but not one client has managed to install it without their machine crashing.  I do like the way that you can attribute values to the shots by just dragging them to a subset, and then open a series from various folders and sessions in capture one .. directly from Media Pro.  (One drawback is that if you are processing some files similar to ones you might have sent out on an earlier date you don't have those earlier ones for reference in this workflow)  One huge complaint is the swarming of sidecar files.  Not a problem with most image editors but a pain when looking for files in finder etc.  The inability of media pro to recognize some files is also a problem ... ones that have been worked on in Photoshop for example (as far as I can remember)  The program has some great concepts but the way it works them needs a good kick into the 21st century.  The web galleries look too techy also in comparison to the simple and more functional ones you can use in Capture One

I have stopped using it entirely at this point and regard it a waste of money.
R

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2012, 06:37:55 pm »

I agree Roskav. I wish they get the foundation right before adding features.
I would not attempt to make any client a test pilot for such features when I can't even reliably have basic features of the app such as formats arranged properly.

I have it up again now as a test while I use IDImager, and ACDSee5, and so far IDImager does things, a bit differently than others, but OK so far. MPro crashed on me a couple more times, and just wonky. its sluggish, and there is no feedback when it starts a process to let you know its working. I think the core maybe strong, but it is hurting from major clarity issues.

jonathan.lipkin

« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 04:55:22 pm »

From what I can tell, the core is pretty much the same as when it was iView Media Pro back in the mid-2000s. It was bought by Microsoft and bundled into some package they discontinued, then picked up by Phase One. There are some stability improvements (less crashing, for instance) but the interface seems about the same. Would love it if MP could read .psb files...

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2012, 02:14:21 pm »

It can, if you use a PSD decoder. I use Faststone...but even with decoder MP (last version now) is still mixed up with all this decoding and thumb creation. it still doesn't filter right and just isn't reliable. Also to make derivitives, emailable thumbs is not so simple for text overlays and such.

Hope this helps.

I for now use ACDSee and recently purchased IDImager Pro, and only reason I would switch from ACDSee is that it can't read IIQ files from PhaseOne while IDImager can. Once you use ACDSee and its UI ease, it is hard to make the switch. , but IIQ support is enough reason for me. (Although on ACDSee support site it names the digibacks it is compatible with, even though the format is more to do with the C1 software. (meaning old backs that can save in TIF format work, but not IIQ.

Murat Korkmazov

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2012, 04:42:18 am »

Phil, does it possible to send me one of your photos in IIQ format?

jonathan.lipkin

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2012, 02:47:57 pm »

UPDATE: been in conversation with MP tech support. They have told me the engineers are aware of the lack of .psb support and are working on it. No release date yet, but it's in the pipeline for now.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 03:19:02 pm »

Hi Murat,

I can. they are large, and I can do a WeTransfer to your email. Whats your email?

Sorry for the late reply.

Phil Indeblanc

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 03:20:51 pm »

UPDATE: been in conversation with MP tech support. They have told me the engineers are aware of the lack of .psb support and are working on it. No release date yet, but it's in the pipeline for now.

Did you mean PSD?  AS it has issues with PSD as well. I have not tried psb (I think that's the XL file format).

jonathan.lipkin

« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2012, 05:46:17 pm »

Nope, I mean .psb. That is the large document format for files larger than 2G (I think).

budjames

• http://www.budjamesphotography.com
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2020, 06:21:27 am »

I have spoken to Capture One Pro tech support people and although not specifically stated, I was given the impression to not spend my money on MediaPro as all development efforts are on Capture One Pro. That was few years ago and I have not seen any development news about MediaPro since.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.
Bud James
North Wales, PA [url=http://ww

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2020, 08:13:31 am »

Just read this and it i obvious media pro has seized to exist. ( since august 2019) 
It is a shame for the concept of the program is still very good and there is nothing like it.
Probably because of all the different owners in the past it was a difficult trick to move it up to 64bit, without completely rewriting it.

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

RaffiCoffee

« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2021, 06:19:14 pm »

What are people using lately...I am finding each upgrade of C1 being more and more problematic and clunky support just leads me elsewhere, but I am doing what I can to not rely on LR and keep a folder level organization...Anyone using anything on the PC with some reliability of LARGE catalogues, though in LR I have split to 6 different catalogues.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2021, 12:19:48 pm »

Define large.

pflower

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2021, 07:49:13 pm »

I still run Iview media pro on Mac Mojave.  Somewhere along the line I got a free licence for Media Pro but found that Iview worked better. As I remember Microsoft took over Iview and turned it into Media Pro and it just didn't work as well as the original.

Iview is still a great program for jpegs and smallish tiffs - too slow and cumbersome for Raw files or bi tiffs, but great for sorting things including video files.  Sadly it will go the way of all flesh (and programs) when there are no operating systems that will allow it to run.  But it was, and still is,  a great program and I just wish someone could take it over and get it run as a 64bit program or at least develop a substitute.

Just read this and it i obvious media pro has seized to exist. ( since august 2019) 
It is a shame for the concept of the program is still very good and there is nothing like it.
Probably because of all the different owners in the past it was a difficult trick to move it up to 64bit, without completely rewriting it.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2021, 08:48:47 am »

I still run Iview media pro on Mac Mojave.  Somewhere along the line I got a free licence for Media Pro but found that Iview worked better. As I remember Microsoft took over Iview and turned it into Media Pro and it just didn't work as well as the original.

Iview is still a great program for jpegs and smallish tiffs - too slow and cumbersome for Raw files or bi tiffs, but great for sorting things including video files.  Sadly it will go the way of all flesh (and programs) when there are no operating systems that will allow it to run.  But it was, and still is,  a great program and I just wish someone could take it over and get it run as a 64bit program or at least develop a substitute.

Like you i am still using it on Mojave and have not found the program to replace it with...
I find using media pro SE (latest) with RAWrendering by Phase one works best for me.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2021, 09:26:10 am by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: [1]   Go Up