Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Voila! LR4 Softproofing and Qimage  (Read 1728 times)

walter.sk

Voila! LR4 Softproofing and Qimage
« on: May 14, 2012, 05:59:36 pm »

I still prefer printing from Qimage rather than from CS6 or LR4 because of the Qimage interpolation method, and their output sharpening, some other admittedly minor but convenient features, and, I admit many years of inertia on my part.

I chose Qimage as the second external editor in Preferences.  I set up a softproof side-by-side and adjusted the right-hand image, using "Make copy as proof" or whatever the wording was.  I then right-clicked on the image, chose Edit In>Edit In Qimage.  The corrected softproofed image opened in Qimage as a Tiff with my settings, ready for viewing using Qimage's softproofing as a check, and then printing. 

The only drawback is that I lose my Topaz Fusion as a choice, and have to reset the preferences when I want to use Topaz filters without having to go to CS6.

aduke

Re: Voila! LR4 Softproofing and Qimage
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 08:52:32 pm »

Try building an Export preset, naming one of your external editors as the application to start. I used to use this when I was using QImage.

Alan

walter.sk

Re: Voila! LR4 Softproofing and Qimage
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 12:36:26 pm »

Try building an Export preset, naming one of your external editors as the application to start. I used to use this when I was using QImage.

Alan
Thanks.  In another post, Schewe showed me how to make a preset for Edit In.  Now I'll try an Export preset and compare for which is more convenient to use.
Pages: [1]   Go Up