Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please help -- 6300 color suddenly way off  (Read 830 times)

GMB

• Georg M. Berrisch Fine Art & Travel Photography
Please help -- 6300 color suddenly way off
« on: May 14, 2012, 11:43:53 am »

I have the printer since about 1 year. Until recently everything fine; no major issues. In particular, colors pretty much spot on. But now two problems:

1) When printing from LR3, skins tons look awful. Way too much red.  I did not change anything in the settings.  Specifically, I use the appropriate profile for the paper/printer, setting to perceptual in LR.  In teh printer dialogue, I set the appriate paper type choice (as I always did).  Before, I never touched the Color Matching Mode, but now see the options ColorSync and Vendor Matching are frayed out. This is because I have selected which profile to use in L34, and therefore LR3 is handling colour management instead of allowing the printer to handle it.  Under Main>Color Mode>Set>Matching I see that the Matching Mode is Color Sync and the Input Profile Settings are grayed out as sRGB v3.0 (Canon).

2) So I thought what the heck with LR, go to the printing plug in of PS4, wwhich so for worked like a charm. Used all the usual settings, but then it refuses to print ginving me an error message that the paper profile I am using (which I had used since several months) is an ICCv4 profile and that I should change to Adobe CMM or use an ICC profile that is a version prior to ICCv4. Never had that message before, and then got it with all the ICC profiles I had used for months.  So I did install the Adobe CMM, and the printer works.  Prints however are much too dark in the shadow areas, as if the black point is wrong, although I used perceptual as allways. 

Any help much appreciated. Also, any description of the settings that folks use when printing with the 6300/6350/8300 under LR of the PS plug in.

I am using a calibrated monitor, of course.

Thanks.

GMB

• Georg M. Berrisch Fine Art & Travel Photography
Re: Please help -- 6300 color suddenly way off
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 03:13:31 pm »

Any help would really be appreciated  :)

enduser

Re: Please help -- 6300 color suddenly way off
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 11:47:45 pm »

With our ipF printer, whenever color drifts off  over about a week it's always been a printhead going bad. We do a re-calibrate and the machine can't continue and shows a hardware error.  At this point you might still get a good nozzle print, but after another week it becomes obvious that a new head is needed.  Of course, it may be other factors in your case.
Pages: [1]   Go Up