Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mozambique Beach  (Read 1021 times)

Heinz

Mozambique Beach
« on: May 13, 2012, 03:03:56 am »

A stunning sunrise and really rich colours make this image. I tried to capture the light in this pic, comp came second as this kind of light only lasts a couple of seconds. Any thoughts, comments and crits most welcome. This is straight out the camera, shot in raw, converted to jpeg, cropped, sharpened 10% and posted.

William Walker

• William Walker Landscapes
Re: Mozambique Beach
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 03:59:38 am »

Nice shot Heinz. The light is lovely.

Is this at Punto du Ouro? If so, my cousin has a cottage just further up the beach, a "k"past Punto Malangaan(?).

William
"What can be asserted without evidence can also be dismissed without evidence." Christopher Hitchens

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 12:48:36 pm »

Did we, maybe, push the saturation a bit?
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

32BT

• Pictures
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 06:22:03 am »

I tried to capture the light in this pic, comp came second as this kind of light only lasts a couple of seconds.

With all due respect, but isn't that exactly the reason to spend more time honing your photographic skills regarding framing, composition, tonality, and color, so next time you encounter that small window of opportunity you know how to capture something worthwhile?
Regards,
~ O ~
If you can stomach it: pictures

Riaan van Wyk

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 01:03:27 pm »

Howdy Heinz. A colour photo?? Must be the 2M's or Laurantina's from the bar, two stone throws from this that clouded your judgement as you usually shoot B&W  ;D

Seriously though, stunning light often happens when one is the least prepared . You can sit/ stand, tripod set up with a perfect composition day in and day out, weeks on end and on the one day you decide enough is enough, you are just going to have a quiet beer with the sunset and then, lo and behold, nature puts on a show. Stuff happens.

Thanks for sharing Heinz.

Heinz

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 09:34:29 am »

Hi William, Yes it is Ponta Du Ouro, luv the laid back feeling one gets here. Possibly due to the R&R's.
Russ, it is straight out the camera. This light just popped and lasted for less than a minute and it was gone. Shot in Raw, using a 16-35 f2.8L lens. No fiddling, promise.
Riaan, thanks. Yep a colour pic, strange things happen some times, B&W would not have done this image any justice.
Oscar, thanks for the comment. My thoughts are that an average comp with sweet light make for better pics than well composed images with flat light light. How would you change this comp to make it better?
Cheers
Heinz

amolitor

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2012, 09:40:28 am »

I think the composition is pretty solid, actually. It's a bit formal, but all the lines lead inexorably to the house, which is pretty fortuitously placed. The colors are pretty wild, and you've actually got a problem in that they look fake (regardless of whether they are or not).

The only thing I can see offhand to improve the composition substantially is to go knock the house down and put something interesting there ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up