Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why does Adobe hate non-Americans so much?  (Read 36009 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Why does Adobe hate non-Americans so much?
« Reply #120 on: May 20, 2012, 06:54:25 pm »

Economists are no more responsible for economic crises than criminologist are responsible for crime, or meteorologists for tornados.

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2012, 09:22:34 pm »

Depends, Slobodan, whether or not they're embedded in the government where, in fact, they can, and do, do harm.
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

kencameron

• Recent Photographs
« Reply #122 on: May 21, 2012, 12:02:25 am »

Within PS6, the main things I do are play around with Curves, Colour Temperature, Layers (lots of them, even with Cellpix! – probably most of all with Cellpix), print using the Adobe 1998 space, upload to Internet using that sRGBIEC1966-2 space (thanks again for having had the patience to guide me through all of that stuff – over and over again!) and that’s about it, but I would like to be able to correct verticals a little bit without having to go to the expense of buying T/S lenses that I know will never earn me a cent. Unfortunately, PS6 doesn’t allow that correction – AFAIK! I also want to be able to add text here and there.
I have no idea if Lightroom does all that or not.
Lightroom does curves (sort of), colour temperature and tint, printing using the profile of your choice, various kinds of internet upload with lots of plugins available, and, in its latest version, quite nice vertical and other distortion correction - see the attached screen. It doesn't do layers although you can get a free "plugin" called Perfect Layers that allows you to do layers out of it (sort of).  Adverse comments on DPreview aren't always a sound guide to quality. Lightroom is free to try and not that expensive to make into an honest woman. No, I don't work for Adobe.
Ken Cameron

michael

« Reply #123 on: May 21, 2012, 09:07:17 am »

OK folks, I think we're done here.

Michael
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up