Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Leica M-M  (Read 1589 times)

ced

Leica M-M
« on: May 12, 2012, 05:28:01 am »

I know this is a dodgy forum to post this but then the Volare too at one stage although a DB was considered a large sensor.
For me the Volare was always the benchmark for Digital IQ the 6mb per channel produced such clean/detailed images that were like plasticine you could do whatever you liked with the image and it could take it.
The announcement earlier this week of the Leica M-M gave some thoughts about the possibilities for the pros who brave to order one.
The camera with some kind of concocted fiter wheel and 18mb per channel would be a stunner along with spectacular lenses,  this in a still life studio environment may just be the thing photographers will embrace.
Consider that the Volare in it's day came onto the market pretty close to 30K US with only the back and it's essentials for that tag.
Love to hear your thoughts on this...

Stefan.Steib

• HCam - Hartblei Pro Photography solutions
Re: Leica M-M
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 07:18:27 am »

If you want, I still have a filter wheel from my DCB II Live leaf in my cellar, waiting for such a project......  :)
Will probably need some work to get the electronics done to advance the motor stepped right, but not a real big deal.
I think that can be done with a days work or faster.

Does anyone remember the Kodak DCS 420 ? there was exactly such a setup, so this is not the first one.
About the expected image quality I´d say comparable to a 30 Mpix back probably. Maybe with a bit cleaner color.

Greetings from Germany
Stefan
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 07:20:26 am by Stefan.Steib »
Because Photography is more than Technology and "as we have done it before".

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
Re: Leica M-M
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 01:47:45 am »

With the Volare having both active cooling and LCD-driven Live View along with super low ISO and big fat pixels, I suspect it'll still beat the M for studio work...
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |
Pages: [1]   Go Up