Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Street Again  (Read 4345 times)

seamus finn

Re: Street Again
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2012, 01:07:34 pm »

better to catch what you can catch than to catch nothing awaiting what ain't gonna happen! - Rob C

Amen to that a thousand times.

Rob C

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2012, 01:22:46 pm »

Amen to that a thousand times.

"better to catch what you can catch than to catch nothing awaiting what ain't gonna happen! - Rob C"

Seamus, the responsibility for that instant saying is starting to weigh heavy upon my shoulders. But such is the lot of the mystic.

;-)

Rob C

seamus finn

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2012, 01:30:39 pm »

Even so, Rob, it should go down in the annals.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2012, 01:50:40 pm »

Rob, there is a more general version, and my favorite:

"Life is what is happening to us while we are waiting for something to happen".

Rob C

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2012, 02:18:11 pm »

Rob, there is a more general version, and my favorite:

"Life is what is happening to us while we are waiting for something to happen".

Nope, I think you got it a little skewed:

"Life is what happens whilst you are busy making plans." is what I think you refer to in your counter-claim to glorious posterity!

;-)

Rob C

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2012, 02:41:07 pm »

Rob, perhaps I just tailored it to suit my personality, existentially-wise? I tend to be more of a waiting-for-something-to-happen type of guy than a busy-making-plans one. At best, I can be a busy-daydreaming type of guy :)

Rob C

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2012, 06:25:41 pm »

Rob, perhaps I just tailored it to suit my personality, existentially-wise? I tend to be more of a waiting-for-something-to-happen type of guy than a busy-making-plans one. At best, I can be a busy-daydreaming type of guy :)

Daydreams are expensive - daydream believers have a hard time: it's written in the music.

I've not been above the odd dream or two, but generally, I find that things happen to me - good or bad - more than I can make them happen of my own volition. This could be seen as the embodiment of laziness but not so: it's the acceptance that what's for me won't go by me and what isn't for me I may as well stop agonizing about.

Thing is, that psychology makes for a lot of empty time, and as you know, nature abhors a vacuum, so I find life fills up with all manner of shit I didn't look for, which brings me back full-circle.

Perhaps time for another plan or even, dare I say it, daydream?

Rob C

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2012, 06:45:38 pm »

Sorry, could not resist: would you consider... gulp... a crop that would eliminate distractive edges and concentrate solely on the mural and people?

Slobodan, you dared to crop the anti-cropper and didn't come a cropper!

A really nice shot Russ, I really like it and it has great tones (as always). Might have been just that little bit sweeter if a few more faces were towards the camera, but I agree with Rob that you have to shoot it as and when you see it.

Dave

WalterEG

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2012, 07:24:14 pm »

Actually, I could have stepped forward and done that, Slobodan, but I wanted it to be clear that the whole mural is in the picture.

Good on you!  I agree wholeheartedly.  Cropping turns it into an ad for something.  I avoid ads but I love documents.

Cheers,

W

Rob C

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2012, 04:00:00 am »

Good on you!  I agree wholeheartedly.  Cropping turns it into an ad for something.  I avoid ads but I love documents.

Cheers,

W

When I was young I loved and sought ads; now that I'm not I have no ads but ever more documents tumble through the post box bringing pain. It's an ill-divided world.

;-(

Rob C
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up