Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yosemite  (Read 3050 times)

Rand47

Yosemite
« on: May 10, 2012, 12:42:52 pm »

Rock Face - Yosemite

Half Dome from Galcier Point - split tone

By the way, Tioga Pass is open.  Came across yesterday (5/9/12).
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 07:07:17 pm by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

jeverton

Re: Yosemite
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 08:31:50 am »

One of my favorite places growing up in CA... Nice work!

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 11:34:25 pm »

The top image doesn't do anything for me, but the second one is very well done.  Thanks for sharing it!

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Mr.Cip

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2012, 11:29:03 pm »

The second image is outstanding...

sdwilsonsct

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2012, 12:18:01 am »

Both very nice. I like the diverse lighting in #1, but there is perhaps too much bright rock at the top. How would it look as a square starting from the bottom?
Scott

PhotoEcosse

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2012, 11:13:48 pm »

Currently at Yosemite and am somewhat disappointed with it. Maybe I am just "parked-out". This is the eighth National Park I have visited on a 6-week vacation from UK and, quite honestly, I found Joshua Tree, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Grand Teton and Yellowstone all more inspiring from a photographic point of view.

Maybe part of the problem is that Yosemite is so damned crowded. Moronic drivers tailgating you all the time and mannerless cretins jostling for tripod space at every "viewpoint". One idiot overtook me on a bend and hit a deer that I had slowed for. He didn't stop but I caught up with him at Glacier Point and let two of his tyres down. Hope that teaches him. If he had still been at his truck I would have rendered rather more personal violence!
"Reality is an illusion caused by lack of alcohol."
Alternatively, "Life begins at the far end of your comfort zone."

Scott O.

• Photography by Scott and Joyce
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2012, 11:18:01 pm »

Get out of the Valley and head for Tuolumne Meadows.  Fewer people and epic scenery.  By far my favorite part of the park, and fortunately for you it is open at least a month earlier than usual.

Isaac

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2012, 11:40:14 am »

Currently at Yosemite and am somewhat disappointed with it.
How far have you got from the roadside in Yosemite?

Maybe part of the problem is that Yosemite is so damned crowded.
Obviously that makes you part of the problem :-)

...and let two of his tyres down.
I'm not an attorney and this is not legal advice - be careful, deflating tires may be a prosecutable offense "criminal mischief".

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2012, 11:48:10 am »

^or at least don't admit to it on a public forum^ ;)

FWIW, i have a house close to a NP and only go into the park property at the beginning and end of tourist season.
If you want the beauty but not the crowds, get a local map (and talk with locals) and visit the nearby forest service roads. Many provide back door access to the parks, and, in addition, have a lot of knock out views themselves, and best of all, almost none of the millions of visitors every year think or make the effort to do something like this.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 12:16:55 pm by Justan »

sierraman

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2012, 02:15:23 pm »

Currently at Yosemite and am somewhat disappointed with it. Maybe I am just "parked-out". This is the eighth National Park I have visited on a 6-week vacation from UK and, quite honestly, I found Joshua Tree, Grand Canyon, Zion, Bryce Canyon, Grand Teton and Yellowstone all more inspiring from a photographic point of view.

Maybe part of the problem is that Yosemite is so damned crowded. Moronic drivers tailgating you all the time and mannerless cretins jostling for tripod space at every "viewpoint". One idiot overtook me on a bend and hit a deer that I had slowed for. He didn't stop but I caught up with him at Glacier Point and let two of his tyres down. Hope that teaches him. If he had still been at his truck I would have rendered rather more personal violence!
It must be your first visit to the park. Glacier Point is going to be crowded. So be there at sunrise to beat the crowds. Find your own "viewpoints" in the park. If you go to all of the "Big Attractions" you will be running into crowds all day long. If you are a photographer, Yosemite Valley offers plenty of photographic opportunities away from the crowds. Just keep an eye open for the smaller features like Fern Spring.With Tioga Pass open maybe you should head to the "high country" of Yosemite, it's beautiful with a lot fewer people.

Hulyss

• H.Bowman
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2012, 09:42:08 am »

Yep, the second one is awesome. Nice work  :)
Kind Regards -  Hulyss Bowman | hulyssbowman.com |
Pages: [1]   Go Up