Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Macro Lenses & other Nikon questions  (Read 1530 times)

Ben Rubinstein

Macro Lenses & other Nikon questions
« on: May 10, 2012, 12:42:30 pm »

Hi,

About to order a D800e with lenses for backup to our main Leaf Aptus II-8 setup we use. Shooting ancient documents and books. On the medium format set up we are using (in FF terms) a 60mm and 95mm equivelent lenses all on a copy stand. We need lenses of approximately those focal lengths, Macro lenses and as flat field as possible. Also need a 35mm equivelent lens for very occasional use. These lenses need to be AF (sorry zeiss), sharp on a D800e's amount of pixels and the best quality. The lenses will be stopped down to approx f11 for various technical reasons. Similar filter thread sizes would be nice but not essential.

I'm a canon shooter out of the studio so I don't know anything about Nikon I'm afraid. What else do I need to shoot tethered with a Nikon D800e to Capture One? Cables, software, etc? Do I need a driver for the camera if using C1? Is thethering reliable usually or do I need specific express cards or other cards or mains power, etc like I need with the leaf? I need tethered live view, would I need Nikon software for this?

Many thanks!

JohnBrew

• http://www.johnbrewton.zenfolio.com
Re: Macro Lenses & other Nikon questions
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 02:00:00 pm »

Ben, the Nikon AF-S 60 2.8G Macro gets very good reviews and is a relative bargain. Photozone has a test.

Ben Rubinstein

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 02:01:25 pm »

Yup looks like it and the 105 macro are the ones. Tethering. Does anything tether a D800 yet software wise?

Derry

• http://
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2012, 11:23:41 am »

can certainly vote on the 105,, no complains from this end,,

Derry
Pages: [1]   Go Up