Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smugmug publishing question (LR3 still)  (Read 3695 times)

Greg D

Smugmug publishing question (LR3 still)
« on: May 09, 2012, 03:54:06 pm »

Hi all -
I accidentally deleted some galleries from the Smugmug publisher in LR3.  Was easy to recreate, since they were just duplicates of some collections.  But now all photos in the recreated galleries are showing as "to be published".  Is there a way to mark them as published so that when I add new photos all the old ones aren't also uploaded again?

Thanks much........

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
Re: Smugmug publishing question (LR3 still)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2012, 01:45:36 am »

Try selecting the images and right-clicking on them, then selecting 'Mark as up to date'. Or something like that.

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2012, 07:39:09 am »

Try selecting the images and right-clicking on them, then selecting 'Mark as up to date'. Or something like that.

Exactly and also nice to know when/if you have changed keywords in Lightroom and you don't like to upload again just for that reason (although there could be a good reason to do so).

Greg D

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 11:17:00 pm »

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea, but unfortunately, the right-click menu offers no such option.  Right-clicking the gallery offers, among other options, "Show on Smugmug" (in addition to "Publish now").  Thought that might be what I was looking for, but that just started uploading.  I like that LR gives options, but two items on the same menu that do the same thing?  Go figure..........

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 07:23:19 am »

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea, but unfortunately, the right-click menu offers no such option.  Right-clicking the gallery offers, among other options, "Show on Smugmug" (in addition to "Publish now").  Thought that might be what I was looking for, but that just started uploading.  I like that LR gives options, but two items on the same menu that do the same thing?  Go figure..........

Lightroom 4 does.

Greg D

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2012, 02:19:28 pm »

Lightroom 4 does.

:)  Great.  Mine just arrived in the mail today.  Problem solved, I presume.

Greg D

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 06:03:57 pm »

Lightroom 4 does.

Well..........  Okay, now I've got LR4 installed and running.  But I'm seeing nothing different with regard to SmugMug.  Still no option other than republishing the whole gallery or nothing.  What am I missing???

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2012, 06:47:42 pm »

Well..........  Okay, now I've got LR4 installed and running.  But I'm seeing nothing different with regard to SmugMug.  Still no option other than republishing the whole gallery or nothing.  What am I missing???

When you select a number of pictures in grid view in the publish folder and right click or ctrl-click you will have the option to accept the pictures to be up-to-date if they are marked to be updated. 

Greg D

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2012, 10:06:30 pm »

When you select a number of pictures in grid view in the publish folder and right click or ctrl-click you will have the option to accept the pictures to be up-to-date if they are marked to be updated. 

Thanks, but I don't find any such option.  Right-clicking the photo brings up the same menu as right-clicking in the library module.  Right-clicking on the gallery brings up another menu, but the relevant choices are "Publish now" and "Show in Smumug" (which do the same thing - begin publishing) or "Mark to republish".  Either I'm not being clear or we have two different programs (Lightroom 4, right?).  Hmmmmm........

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2012, 04:07:53 am »

You need to right click on a photo that is marked to be republished. See screen shot here from LR4.

Greg D

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2012, 10:53:29 am »

You need to right click on a photo that is marked to be republished. See screen shot here from LR4.

That's exactly what I do, but the menu that comes up is slightly different from the one in your screen shot - the "Mark as up to date" option does not appear.  I presume you're using a Mac?  Mine is Windows - perhaps that's the difference?

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2012, 03:26:59 pm »

That's exactly what I do, but the menu that comes up is slightly different from the one in your screen shot - the "Mark as up to date" option does not appear.  I presume you're using a Mac?  Mine is Windows - perhaps that's the difference?

And you are in the publish folder (not the original folder of the image) and clicking on an image that is to be remodified? Because if not there will not be this option.

There should not be a difference between Windows and Mac. Yes, mine is a Mac.

Greg D

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2012, 11:10:56 pm »

And you are in the publish folder (not the original folder of the image) and clicking on an image that is to be remodified? Because if not there will not be this option.

There should not be a difference between Windows and Mac. Yes, mine is a Mac.

I know it *shouldn't* make a difference, but.....  I don't know what to say, unless I'm just doing something really stupid.  Attached is my screen shot of what, as I understand, should be the same menu, but it's obviously not.  Well, I did discover the "sync photos" box in the gallery editing dialog, and that seems to accomplish what I want, though it does require that each photo be checked against the previously published photos.  Takes a few seconds, but better than re-uploading.  So I guess that'll work.  Puzzling though.
Thanks much for your efforts!

ario

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2012, 11:43:02 pm »

It seems to me that you have selected  a new photo and not a photo to be republished. For a new photo the option "mark as up-to-date" is not applicable, so will not show up.

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2012, 03:24:29 am »

I know it *shouldn't* make a difference, but.....  I don't know what to say, unless I'm just doing something really stupid.  Attached is my screen shot of what, as I understand, should be the same menu, but it's obviously not.  Well, I did discover the "sync photos" box in the gallery editing dialog, and that seems to accomplish what I want, though it does require that each photo be checked against the previously published photos.  Takes a few seconds, but better than re-uploading.  So I guess that'll work.  Puzzling though.
Thanks much for your efforts!

Please note that you have selected a new photo and not one for republish. As I mentioned you need to have selected a photo for republish for the option to show up.

Greg D

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 02:23:32 pm »

Please note that you have selected a new photo and not one for republish. As I mentioned you need to have selected a photo for republish for the option to show up.

True.  I guess the question drifted slightly and I didn't clarify.  But my original question was about photos that were, as far as Lightroom knew, unpublished, not modified photos to republish.  So I see now, that the answer to my original question is a simple "no" (except by syncing as noted above).  But you are correct - I wasn't discriminating between "new" and "republish" since I wasn't concerned with republishing.  When I right-click a "to be republished" photo I get the update option.
Sorry for the confusion, and thanks for the help!

Greg

Hans Kruse

• Hans Kruse Photography
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 03:26:29 pm »

Thanks for the clarification and good it is clear now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up