Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lightroom 4 & Epson 3880 Color Management  (Read 3662 times)

Ray Durant

Lightroom 4 & Epson 3880 Color Management
« on: May 09, 2012, 02:04:43 pm »

I recently acquired Lightroom 4 and an Epson 3880. If I let lightroom manage the color using the paper profile, I get a print that has a very noticeable magenta tint. However if I let the printer do the color management the print matches my monitor (which is calibrated). This is exactly the opposite off what is recommended in the Camera to Print & Screen.

When I have Lightroom manage the color I have the printer driver set to Mode: Custom: no color management, then in Lightroom I select the Color Management Profile for the paper I intend to use.

When I have the Printer manage the color the printer driver is set to Mode: automatic, then in Lightroom I select Color Management profile: Managed by printer.

Any help would be appreciated

Ray

Ray Durant

Re: Lightroom 4 & Epson 3880 Color Management
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 02:06:55 pm »

I just remembered, I usually use QImage ... but I would really like to print in Lightrrom

howardm

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 02:43:25 pm »

it's possible the paper profile is a V4 (vs. V2).  V4's have been known to do weird stuff.

Ray Durant

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 03:12:11 pm »

Howard:

Thanks for the reply... I am using the Premium Luster Photo Paper. These were included as samples with the printer.

Ray Durant

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 05:48:04 pm »

I just ran two test prints through PS 6.0; one letting PS manage the color; one letting the printer manage the color. They look identical, and match what my monitor shows. I think there is a problem with Lightroom...

In three different versions of Lightroom, I have not been able to get a print to match my screen. Which is why I started using Qimage to print many years ago.

dmward

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 01:42:52 pm »

Are you using a Mac or Window? Qimage is windows only right? So that answers that question.
I am on a Mac.
I use Lightroom 4 and print to my 3880. The prints look great and are consistent with the screen image.
I found the same was true with LR 3. I use mostly MOAB papers and a Bryeta (sp?).

I found that soft proofing helps a little to improve the images but have never had a color cast.

I use the MOAB profiles. They are specific to printer and paper naturally. It sounds like you have somehow selected a wrong profile.

rmyers

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 09:58:36 pm »

I run LR4 on Windows with a 3880 and have experienced no problems.  Is it possible you have a double color management issue?
Pages: [1]   Go Up