Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shewe's Big Hands  (Read 1527 times)

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Shewe's Big Hands
« on: May 09, 2012, 01:14:53 pm »

I was watching the latest Lu-La Lr4 videos last night and had to laugh when Jeff said he kept 'getting excited' and hitting the white balance button on the back of his GH2. I have the same camera and it has a lot of buttons right where your thumb wants to be for a good grip. I regularly hit the white balance, ISO and preview lock buttons. I'm learning to watch both where I put my hands (always a good idea ::)) and to review my settings in the EVF frequently.

Lovely to have small, light cameras, but if they make them any smaller, normal sized people won't be able to use them. Who was it that was suggesting voice-activated controls?

'ISO 1200, f3.5, please.'
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
More GH2 Issues - Resolved
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2012, 01:50:18 pm »

One of my leading complaints with the GH2 is the exposure dial wheel's tendancy to switch modes while attempting to adjust the setting that the wheel is presently in. In my case, most often this means I wind up adjusting the f-stops when I want to adjust the exposure compensation.

Today (after using the camera for a year!) I stumbled across a setting that fixes this. Deep in the Custom Settings menu is the option to change the LVF/LCD switch fuction from changing the view mode (it becomes automatic, which, in my case, it is anyway) to changing the mode of the dial wheel. Once set, the dial wheel will not switch functions by depressing it. You use the LVF/LCD switch to change functions.

Having just discovered it, I can't really say yet if this is an improvement. It does stop the accidental switching but I may find that this is less convenient when I'm actually shooting pictures.

This is just another example of all the little features and nuances that this camera has. It takes time to become comfortable with a GH2 and a year in, I'm still learning. Now, if I could just figure out how to lock all the buttons on the back so that I don't keep hitting them with my thumb...
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!
Pages: [1]   Go Up