We have updated our public beta of the visualizer with several improvements, most of which were suggested here or on LL. Any additional feedback is welcome, either here or in person at our Phase One Photo Plus Expo
booth next week.Link:www.digitaltransitions.com/visualizer/visualizer.htmlFixes/Improvements:
- Can now show equivalency down to 14mm on a FF dSLR
- Added options to match lens by Vertical, Horizontal, and Focal Length in addition to the Diagonal. These update in real time as you slide. You can also turn lens matching "off" which allows you to slide them independently.
- Should run correctly in IE9
- Several sensors/cameras added including:
--- M8/M9 (thanks Dr. Scates)
--- 6x17, 5x7, and 6x9 film
- Size of each film format now reflects the most common exposed-area for that film. (gebseng a 90mm on 4x5 now correctly shows as equivalent diagonally to a 36mm on a 36x48 sensor)
- registration no longer considers Canada to be part of the US (no insult intended Canadian friends!)
- fixed math error which caused wrong results when the two sensors being compared were of very different aspect ratiosRequested feedback:
- anyone have IE8 they can try it in?
- anyone have IE10 preview?
- does the "Auto Match Lens:" wording make sense with the boxes "off", "vertical" etc?Did Not Get To
I was not able to find a way to easily implement a custom sensor size. In the future (early next year?) I hope to add a clever way of showing the specific measurement of the sensor/film selected - just have to close the development for now.