Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Which Leica Disto?  (Read 985 times)

Alun

Which Leica Disto?
« on: May 09, 2012, 03:59:29 am »

I shoot landscapes and the most that I need to measure would be say 10 metres. So can I use some of the less powerful "indoor" Distos or is the entry level the Disto D5? the Leica DISTO™ D210 looks interesting. I'm concerned about size/weight and am looking for the most compact unit (with accuracy!)

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:03:35 am by Alun »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

Re: Which Leica Disto?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2012, 04:24:53 am »

I shoot landscapes and the most that I need to measure would be say 10 metres. So can I use some of the less powerful "indoor" Distos or is the entry level the Disto D5? the Leica DISTO™ D210 looks interesting. I'm concerned about size/weight and am looking for the most compact unit (with accura of cy!)

Hi,

They are all accurate, the 'worst' being +/-1.5mm (try to dial that in on your camera ;) ) for the entry level D2 model, which is also the most compact one. The D210 is next, with +/-1mm accuracy and a slightly larger reach, which might be useful in sunny conditions.

As always, it requires a target surface that is reflective enough to send an adequate level of reflected light back, and the reach is reduce in bright sunshine. That's where the more powerful versions give more leeway, and the D210 looks like the better model.

Cheers,
Bart
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 05:48:07 am by BartvanderWolf »
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Alun

Re: Which Leica Disto?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2012, 04:41:50 am »

Great! Thanks Bart - I think I'll go for the D210. In reality, I'm probably measuring around 2-3m so the brightness shouldn't be too much of an issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up