Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A Day  (Read 940 times)

wolfnowl

• M&M's Musings
A Day
« on: May 08, 2012, 06:42:31 pm »

From the site:

"In 9 days time, people all over the world will be coming together with one single aim – to photograph their lives – as part of the global ADay.org project.

As part of an initiative founded by Swedish non-profit, Expressions of Humankind, May 15th has been designated as the day everyone the world over is being asked to pick up their camera and take a photo of what is close to them, and what matters most to them, as part of the Aday.org event.

Explaining the purpose behind the event, the organizers write, ”Our mission is to use the power of photography to create, share and inspire perspectives on daily life – today and tomorrow.”

So how does it all work? Join the Aday.org site, and on May 15 you will be able to upload the image that you’ve shot, and add information on who is in the picture, and the story behind it. You have until May 22 to upload your images."

thenextweb.com/socialmedia/2012/05/06/this-project-is-capturing-the-world-in-photographs-in-one-day/

http://www.aday.org/

Mike.
If your mind is attuned t

louoates

• Lou Oates Photography
Re: A Day
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 08:57:49 pm »

Seems like a legitimate group with lots of international partners. In other words it doesn't look like a scam to get lots of free, quality images that will eventually pop up on East European stock photo sites. Some photo contests turn out to be these kind of pitches.

You do sign away limited copyright usage to "Expressions of Humankind" for their own use commercially with no payment to artists. I don't upload images for free as a policy and I'm not real comfortable with the "global" thrust of this Sweden-based non-profit group and their aims. If you have strong political sensitivities I'd advise those who want to participate do a bit more research into the groups motivations.
Pages: [1]   Go Up