Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Leaf Credo 60 MP or Nikon D800E?  (Read 21874 times)

henrikfoto

Re: New Leaf Credo 60 MP or Nikon D800E?
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2012, 03:53:37 am »

Here in Sweden the only Leaf importer/reseller actually recently stopped having Leaf products on their web. I asked them why and the response was that the new Credo backs are too similar to Phase One IQ backs so they only sell those now, but they could still sell a Leaf back if someone explicitly asked for it. A bit strange I think, but Hasselblad and Phase One are the MF brands in this country I guess.

I think Phase is doing a mistake with the Credo. We are forced to use Capture one and the Credo is realy just a
IQ180 light. It adds nothing to the game.

Henrik

Pingang

Re: New Leaf Credo 60 MP or Nikon D800E?
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2012, 06:24:00 am »

If you also want to try to shoot HD movie then the choice would be quite obvious. For stils, I would look for Credo 60MP in stead of D800E for absolute image quality, unless low light performance, superfast autofocus or fast frame rate is absolutely needed.  In reality, all the high paid jobs does not require super high-tech cameras, super high ISO shooting, and superfast frame rate, quite interestingly, on the contrary, the lower pay job might require those, due to limited budget.  This is not to say D800E is not a good camera, it is a great camera that I also own one.  But Credo 60MP, like my P65+, still visbly above D800E on absolute image quality.
But of course, as most of the professional photographers I know who shoot medium format, all have their Canon or Nikon, and perhaps more SONY would appear.

Pingang
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up