Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: New Leaf Credo 60 MP or Nikon D800E?  (Read 21871 times)

mediumcool

Re: New Leaf Credo 60 MP or Nikon D800E?
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2012, 11:40:47 pm »

I was recently offered $8.5K trade-in for my Aptus 22 on a Credo 80; unsure if the 60 would be the same dollar amount. This is in Australia.
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

henrikfoto

« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2012, 02:49:04 am »

I was recently offered $8.5K trade-in for my Aptus 22 on a Credo 80; unsure if the 60 would be the same dollar amount. This is in Australia.

Did you really get that price? Is that US$?
I have been offered 15.000 US$ for an upgrade from Aptus 12 to Credo :( (same mp)

Henrik

mediumcool

« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2012, 04:16:48 am »

Did you really get that price? Is that US$?
I have been offered 15.000 US$ for an upgrade from Aptus 12 to Credo :( (same mp)

Henrik

We have our own currency, Henrik!  ;D

If I had a spare $16K, I’d make you an offer …

henrikfoto

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2012, 07:09:07 am »

I know you have a different currency, but the value is very close to the US$.
I think I misunderstood you. I thought you have to pay 8.500 together with the Aptus 22
to get the Credo. But I guess you ment they offered you 8.500 off on the Credo?

Henrik

mediumcool

« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2012, 08:37:23 am »

I know you have a different currency, but the value is very close to the US$.
I think I misunderstood you. I thought you have to pay 8.500 together with the Aptus 22
to get the Credo. But I guess you ment they offered you 8.500 off on the Credo?

Henrik

Yup. The Au $ was worth a bit over the greenback until very recently, but that situation didn’t seem to moderate prices at all!

Quote *To upgrade from your existing Leaf Aptus 22 to the Credo 80, the cost including GST is $30,500.00 (outright purchase is $39,000.00)*

GST is a 10% sales tax.

JV

« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2012, 09:26:17 am »

Ouch...!!! I guess this is the reason why LL and GetDPI have Buy/Sell forums...
an upgrade from a P30+ to a P40+ is still $13+K...,
the prices of a new P30+ and P40+ are still $14K and $18K... with the P30+ being a 5-year old back, the P40+ a 3-year old one...
completely insane, the business model of Phase One and Hasselblad is not sustainable in the long run,
and cameras like the D800 are bound to accelerate that evolution

mediumcool

« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2012, 09:32:53 am »

Ouch...!!! I guess this is the reason why LL and GetDPI have Buy/Sell forums...
an upgrade from a P30+ to a P40+ is still $13+K...,
the prices of a new P30+ and P40+ are still $14K and $18K... with the P30+ being a 5-year old back, the P40+ a 3-year old one...

The upgrade paths have kept many ppl in the game, but not to the best of my knowledge allowing cross-grades from, say, PhaseOne to HB, or even from PhaseOne to Leaf, or in the other direction. I’d be happy to move from my Aptus 22 to a P45+, but I would have to sell to somebody wanting to upgrade to a Credo if I wished to maximise my savings; it’s worth no more than $5K as a back.

JV

« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2012, 10:13:41 am »

The upgrade paths have kept many ppl in the game, but not to the best of my knowledge allowing cross-grades from, say, PhaseOne to HB, or even from PhaseOne to Leaf, or in the other direction. I’d be happy to move from my Aptus 22 to a P45+, but I would have to sell to somebody wanting to upgrade to a Credo if I wished to maximise my savings; it’s worth no more than $5K as a back.

it almost feels like a pyramid investment scheme...
you hold very little in your hands but as long as you keep investing we will make you believe that you hold a lot...

mediumcool

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2012, 10:16:58 am »

it almost feels like a pyramid investment scheme...
you hold very little in your hands but as long as you keep investing we will make you believe that you hold a lot...

You could call it bribery …  ;D

theguywitha645d

« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2012, 11:57:07 am »

What do you like working with? I prefer 4:3 cameras over 3:2 cameras. Big viewfinders are also preferable. Sure, the economics are important, but if you spend so much time with your equipment, how they handle is also a factor.

There is only a difference of 27% between the Nikon and Credo in (pixel/file) resolution--in a linear measurement, which is the right way to measure resolution. So if you are happy with the resolutions of your current system, both cameras are a step up. The sensor size difference will change that in different ways. Noise is very different, but if you always shoot at base ISO, then that is not a factor. Long exposures will go to the D800 as I believe the Credo has a limit to exposure time. Then there is file size--are you prepared in dealing with huge increase in file size, even for the D800. If you go with the D800, you could also dump the Canon and travel with one system rather than two.

I would get your hands on these cameras and shoot them for awhile. There is no right answer here.

Peartreephoto

• peartreephoto
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2012, 12:08:55 pm »

Hi,

If you are in London, UK on the 21st June 2012, then you pop in to Peartreephoto and get hands on with the new Leaf Credo. There's a free BBQ and drinks through-out the day and all attendees will be entered into a free prize draw to win an iPad 2 16gb.

Pop in anytime between 10am - 8pm - for more details see the news page www.peartreephoto.com/news.php

Hope to see you there.

Lawrie.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:46:17 pm by Peartreephoto »

Peartreephoto

• peartreephoto
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2012, 12:10:13 pm »

Hi,

If you are in London, UK on the 21st June 2012, then you pop in to Peartreephoto and get hands on with the new Leaf Credo. There's a free BBQ and drinks through-out the day and all attendees will be entered into a free prize draw to win an iPad 2 16gb.

Pop in anytime between 10am - 8pm - for more details see the news page www.peartreephoto.com/news.php

Hope to see you there.

Just noticed that the link was incomplete, so have corrected it here, my apologies.

Lawrie.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 12:46:34 pm by Peartreephoto »

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2012, 12:40:16 pm »

In the USA there are no practical restrictions for accepting a Leaf or Phase One or Hasselblad or even Sinar digital back towards a new Leaf product, nor are their any for Phase One. Not sure about the rest of the world.

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss

mediumcool

« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2012, 10:07:16 pm »

In the USA there are no practical restrictions for accepting a Leaf or Phase One or Hasselblad or even Sinar digital back towards a new Leaf product, nor are their any for Phase One. Not sure about the rest of the world.

Steve Hendrix

Very insular here in the Land of Kangaroos, Steve, and a very small market. Phase products are handled by a company in Sydney called L & P, and Leaf by consumer-oriented Ted’s Camera Store in Melbourne. Both are uninspiring to deal with in my experience.

Just tried searching for credo on the Ted’s site (they do claim to sell them!):

???

Graham Welland

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2012, 01:28:02 am »

Just tried searching for credo on the Ted’s site (they do claim to sell them!):

Truly sad. I'd be spending some personal cash to fly to the US and get real service one-one.
Graham

mediumcool

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2012, 01:51:24 am »

Truly sad. I'd be spending some personal cash to fly to the US and get real service one-one.

Australia has a 10% sales tax on any import valued over $1000: The Great Leveller.

yaya

• http://yayapro.com
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2012, 02:16:17 am »

I'm sending a note to Ted's asking to add the Credo to their Pro page, thanks for raising this Ian!
Yair Shahar | Product Manager | Phase One - Cultural Heritage
e: ysh@phaseone.com |

mediumcool

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2012, 03:33:31 am »

I'm sending a note to Ted's asking to add the Credo to their Pro page, thanks for raising this Ian!

Yair, there’s something odd/ambiguous about Ted’s separation between retail and pro. I have had trouble before trying to find pro stuff on their site; at one stage their secondhand pro gear was all handled from Brisbane (in Queensland, top right-hand side of the country!).

Background: I have dealt with Ted’s and their predecessor George’s for over thirty years, and tides and currents of professional service and support have shifted much over the years (always remembering that Australia is a small pond professionally).

mediumcool

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2012, 08:03:57 am »

Another comment on your comment, Graham. Because of our isolation, large land area, and small population, Australia has always had difficulty matching or even getting near the cost efficiency taken for granted in the US and Europe. So our prices are higher, even when the AU is stronger than the greenback (The Tyranny of Distance).  :(  Many folk in Oz buy stuff overseas, as I have from eBay and through fora like this one, and from B+H. But I don’t expect any service or support aside from the replacement of faulty goods.

torger

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2012, 03:11:26 am »

Here in Sweden the only Leaf importer/reseller actually recently stopped having Leaf products on their web. I asked them why and the response was that the new Credo backs are too similar to Phase One IQ backs so they only sell those now, but they could still sell a Leaf back if someone explicitly asked for it. A bit strange I think, but Hasselblad and Phase One are the MF brands in this country I guess.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 03:15:48 am by torger »
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up