Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS6 and Topaz Plug-ins  (Read 8727 times)

Philip Weber

CS6 and Topaz Plug-ins
« on: May 07, 2012, 08:32:05 pm »

So far, I cannot get any of my Topaz plug-ins to install onto CS6. I've emailed them a few hours ago (they're support is usually very good) but haven't heard back yet.

If anyone has any ideas or workarounds, please let me know. (Windows 7 Ultimate).

Thanks,
Phil

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
Re: CS6 and Topaz Plug-ins
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 09:32:21 pm »

I uninstalled CS6 and re-installed it (Mac OS).  Then reinstalled the entire Nik suite and Topaz plugins (ReMask, DeNoise, InFocus, Lens Effects, B&W Effects).  Works fine.  Maybe it is a Windows issue.

natas

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 09:20:20 am »

I installed CS6 then re-ran the topaz denoise installer. Works fine for me (on a mac)

Philip Weber

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 12:48:22 pm »

Update - Topaz told me to load them via my preferences, which I did and it worked. I had already done that with Nik, but fortunately they installed with no issues.

Unless I'm missing it, I guess there's no way to select multiple plug-in folders and import them on CS6 via the preferences (Running Windows 7 Ultimate).

FYI -
Phil 

walter.sk

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2012, 05:58:18 pm »

Update - Topaz told me to load them via my preferences, which I did and it worked. I had already done that with Nik, but fortunately they installed with no issues.
I've been trying to install my Topaz filters  in CS6 with no success, including by copying the Topaz folder into the CS6 Plugins folder and pointing to it in the Preferences.

Could you give me the steps you used?

Philip Weber

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 12:39:16 pm »

All I did was go into preferences > plugins > check the box for additional plugins > and navigated to the Topaz root folder and hit ok and save. This was the tech advice from Topaz and currently the only option I know of.

Worked like a charm on Windows 7 Ultimate, both 64 and 32 bit versions of CS6. The drag is it appears one cannot choose more than one folder so if the rest of your plugins don't install on their own (a couple of mine didn't, fortunately I don't use them much) then your left using CS5 for those.

I think I read somewhere here that Jeff Schewe stated Adobe changed something in the way it handled plugins, what or why I do not know.

I hope this helps,
Phil

walter.sk

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 04:17:04 pm »

All I did was go into preferences > plugins > check the box for additional plugins > and navigated to the Topaz root folder and hit ok and save. This was the tech advice from Topaz and currently the only option I know of.
Phil
Strange!  I navigated to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Topaz folder and pointed the CS6 additional plugins dialog to it, and it works.  Fortunately my NIK filters installed properly, so both sets of software work. I don't understand how the Topaz root folder gets the filters to work from there.

Philip Weber

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 05:45:43 pm »

I'm glad you got them to work!

What I don't understand is why Photoshop can do that with one folder but not all of them but them. Additionally, all of my plugins installed fine in CS5 and previous Photoshop versions and now some won't. I know nothing about programming, so I'm not being critical...just wondering!

Phil
Pages: [1]   Go Up