Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: Aztek DPL8000 drum scanner-complete and ready to scan!  (Read 1761 times)

DanielStone

Hey all,

Well, after some deliberation, I've decided to sell my drum scanner. I love it to death, but honestly, I'm not giving it enough work. And for such a fine tool to sit 29days/month unused on average, I don't want it to sit any longer.

So, I've decided to get a Kodak Eversmart Supreme II flatbed instead. Selling my scanner to help fund the purchase of the Supreme II. I've seen these scanners in person before, and I feel that they'll more than meet my requirements for image quality in scans from my negatives and transparencies of all sizes. I don't print large(generally 16x20 and smaller), so 8000dpi usually is pretty irrelevant to me(unless scanning 35mm for bigger prints, but I rarely shoot 35mm anymore).

Included in the sale is the following items all together:

1. Drum scanner(DPL8000, same internals mostly as the current "Premier" drum scanner)
2. (2) Drums (up to 8x10" film maximum). Both drums have some light scratches and some minor crazing. One more than the other. I used the drum w/ more crazing to mount 4x5 and smaller formats. Its worked great for that purpose. 8x10 and everything else under can be mounted on the other drum no sweat.
3. Mounting station(newest version w/ black roller)
4. Computer(4-core Intel chip, 4gb ram, Win7 Ultimate, DPL 7.84 Standard version(no custom CMS file creation capabilty unlike the full version which allows you to make custom settings)
5. (1) bottle each of drum mounting fluid + drum cleaner
6. SCSI cable(connecting scanner to computer)
7. ~21" CRT Mitsubishi Diamondtron monitor. SICK monitor(in a good way!) Very accurate, and was essentially unused when I got it from Aztek.

The scanner was tuned up in January of this year(2012) at Aztek. Evan has been a tremendous help in getting this going for me, and I'm assured will be a great help to whomever decides to purchase this scanner.

PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU'RE INTERESTED.

I'd really prefer an in-person pickup, since I'm not very comfortable shipping items this heavy, nor expensive, I'd prefer to see it go to someone local if possible.

Please feel free to send me any offers of trade if you have an Eversmart Supreme II(preferably Kodak branded, so a later-produced model) w/ both the standard base glass(A/R coating), and the A/N wet-mount glass+wet mount station.

Preferably a "turnkey" system as well(so a G5 mac), ready to scan asap w/o any hassle. Software and all.

thanks

-Dan

jmd56

Re: FS: Aztek DPL8000 drum scanner-complete and ready to scan!
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 12:57:02 pm »

Dan,

How much are you asking for the equipment,
and where are you located?
Thanks very much,

James Danforth

DanielStone

Re: FS: Aztek DPL8000 drum scanner-complete and ready to scan!
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 01:20:36 am »

Scanner is back up for sale.

Looking for $10,000 for the whole kit.

I now have (3) drums, the 3rd is really clean,been using it to mount 8x10 film lately.

Pickup in-person is still greatly preferred, or if you want it shipped, I can talk to aztek about crating/shipping options for you.

Thanks,

Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up