Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems printing from Mac Lion to Epson Stylus Photo R2880  (Read 912 times)

Robin Lewis

Hopefully many of you solved this problem long ago and can help. I am a designer and photographer and finally upgraded to an Intel iMac with Lion last month.  My problem is that all photographs and/or images in layouts (and even a Word document) print out at about 60% density while all type prints out perfectly (i.e. black type prints out as 100% black not as 60% black).

In the past, this kind of problem happened when "photo paper" was not selected somewhere in the print dialogue box, but I cannot find the same area in the CS5.5 print window.

I have spent several hours updating and doing what message boards suggest to no avail.

I have updated my driver from Apple and Epson and neither seems to make a difference in the output.

Additionally, while I have the 6.+ driver installed, but the 5.2.8 still shows up in the System Preferences and when I go to change it, I can find no 6.0 drivers anywhere on the list.

With my printer selected in Print & Scan, when I go to  "Software Update" and check in, it tells me that I am totally updated for 10.7 for all apps, etc.

Any ideas or suggestions. Thank you very much.

Pages: [1]   Go Up