Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CS6 bug?  (Read 3008 times)

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
CS6 bug?
« on: May 07, 2012, 02:45:31 pm »

I just installed the just-released CS6 on my Macbook Pro.  When I try to save a file as a jpeg, it puts an extension .eps on it.  Is something the matter or am I missing something really simple?

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
Re: CS6 bug?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 02:57:49 pm »

Did you perhaps copy any CS5 plug-ins into your CS6 plug-ins? If you did (and you should NEVER copy older plug-ins into a newer version) that may be why.

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 03:48:34 pm »

Did you perhaps copy any CS5 plug-ins into your CS6 plug-ins? If you did (and you should NEVER copy older plug-ins into a newer version) that may be why.

Yes, I did.  But I did the same for the trial version and it was working fine.  What's the fix?  Re-install the plugins?

Philip Weber

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2012, 04:31:12 pm »

Hi Jeff - I have a ton of plug-ins and CS6 didn't pick them up on the install. I know one isn't supposed to copy and paste from an older version and I don't remember this issue from CS4 to CS5...any suggestions??!!

Thanks!
Phi

Update - I figured it out but with only one set (folder) of plugins. When I choose another, I lose the first. I'm doing the 64x version on Windows 7 Ultimate.

PW

Update #2 - It appears I just have to install them directly into CS6. Too bad one can't copy and paste them in!
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 05:30:36 pm by Philip Weber »

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2012, 06:06:47 pm »

Yes, I did.  But I did the same for the trial version and it was working fine.  What's the fix?  Re-install the plugins?

Uninstall CS6 and reinstall. CS6's plug-in folder structure is different. Read this FAQ

Rajan Parrikar

• Rajan Parrikar
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2012, 06:08:27 pm »

Uninstall CS6 and reinstall. CS6's plug-in folder structure is different. Read this FAQ

Obrigado.

dk99

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2012, 07:42:48 pm »

Well ~~~ I don't know if I did this incorrectly or not but it is working the way it should

I'm running a MacBook Pro 17", Lion OSX

I opened two finder windows side by side.  Accessed PS CS5 and the plugin folder in one and the PS CS6 plugin folder in the other finder window.  In CS5 I duplicated the Plugin I wanted to move and then dragged and dropped into the CS6 folder. 

Everything works fine for me as it did in CS5.

FWIW my Plugins are Nik CEpro4, Dfine, Sharpener Pro, Viveza 2, HDR Effects Pro, Silver Effects Pro.  Along with Topaz Adjust, Detail, In Focus, Star Effect and Imagenomic Portraiture and thee from Flaming Pear.

I haven't run into any hiccups yet.  But........Got my fingers crossed. 

-d

kaelaria

• http://www.bgpictures.com
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2012, 12:17:54 am »

It all depends on the plugin.  Some work fine that way, some don't.  When in doubt, reinstall them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up