Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for Leaf AFI Repair options  (Read 968 times)

mikeparker

Looking for Leaf AFI Repair options
« on: May 07, 2012, 01:09:02 pm »

I have a couple of Leaf AFI 6 (28 MP) Systems and am looking for repair options.  I have one back that is not getting power via the fire wire (while tethered), so it's has to run on battery.  I have tried different cords and computers so I am pretty sure the problem is at the connection at the back.   I also have an 80 mm lens (Schneider, xenotar) that is wildly inconsistent in exposures one to the next.  I think this is an electronic shutter problem, but am not sure.  I am looking for a repair resource for these problems, and any suggestions (beyond using these backs as door stops) would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Mike

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
Re: Looking for Leaf AFI Repair options
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 05:47:58 pm »

Mike,
Where are you located?   If you are in the US then I would contact MAC group for the Leaf AFi-6 back, and Rollei Hensel in NJ about the lens.  I heard from my dealer that a lot of the older Aptus backs had issues with the firewire port connection.    On the lens, I've seen floating aperture values one on lens and cleaning the contacts on the lens itself and seemed to clear things up.

Mac Group - Pat Buono
attn service dept.
75 Virginia road
White Plains  NY  10603

phone  914-347-3300

Rollei Hensel Service
1275 Bloomfield Ave
Building 8, Unit 68
Fairfield NJ 07004

Phone (973) 244-9662
Rolleiflex USA

mikeparker

Re: Looking for Leaf AFI Repair options
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 11:38:54 am »

Eric,  thank you for the great info!  I'm in Minneapolis, so these contacts are no problem.  I tried cleaning contacts with no success, and I had similar problem with my other lens.  My local dealer has refused to help with any of these issues.  I will be calling both of these contacts today!

Cheers

Mike
Pages: [1]   Go Up