Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is there a way to publish directly from LR4 to google+  (Read 1666 times)

jljonathan

Is there a way to publish directly from LR4 to google+
« on: May 06, 2012, 01:09:31 pm »

I am trying to find a way to publish from LR to google+, not picasa (I have Jf plug-in to picasa). Picasa has upload limits that I usually go beyond. Google+ has no limits, but now I am having to export jpegs to a folder on the desktop, and then drag them into google+ uploader. It works fine, but would like to publish from within LR. Anyone know how?

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
Re: Is there a way to publish directly from LR4 to google+
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 08:47:15 am »

The Picasa user forum, http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!searchin/picasa/post$20directly$20to$20google$2B$20, seems to have plenty of posts indicating a lot of frustration with the problem you are having.

If you have a Google+ account, all your Picasa albums will automatically be put into Google+. (Something I did not want and downgraded by Google+ account to make it stop.) But relative to storage issues, I can make two suggestions: pay the small fee Google wants to upgrade to your Picasa account to a bazillion bytes or delete your files from Picasa once they have been posted over at Google+. I'm not certain the second strategy will work since I decided to use the first - it is very reasonably priced.
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

jljonathan

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 12:16:07 pm »

Thanks Remo. I actually don't quite understand how the two work together. I have a couple of albums on Picasa, but ran out of space very fast. I also don't think that I liked the way the site displayed the folder and albums, it seemed very confusing to me. And, it seemed to want to drag all my images into Picassa, which I certainly don't want to happen. But, google+ didn't do that. In fact, it allowed just the new albums that I set up, and uploaded to those albums quite fast. It looked much less confusing. Its just that I was looking for a way to upload to google+, not picassa, directly from LR4. I think I came across a way to use the picassa plug-in jfpicassa, and upload to google+ in a round about way, but I haven't explored it yet.

Remo Nonaz

• Photography By Homer Shannnon
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 01:49:00 pm »

Sounds good. Please publish your results. We are coming at the same problem from different directions and can both benefit from what you find out. What do you do to the Friedle plug in that it only goes to Google+? I'm quite a fan of his tools.
I really enjoy using old primes on my m4/3 camera. There's something about having to choose your aperture and actually focusing your camera that makes it so much more like... like... PHOTOGRAPHY!

jljonathan

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 02:19:40 pm »

I have to read through the entire documentation and then try it out. I will get back when i finish.
Pages: [1]   Go Up