Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Where are my Epson R3000 icc profiles hiding  (Read 19112 times)

BrianWoolf

Where are my Epson R3000 icc profiles hiding
« on: May 05, 2012, 03:11:10 pm »

i recently purchased an Epson R3000 printer and did the install, everything went very smoothly. When I print out of Photoshop CS4, they(the icc profiles) are all there and work very well. Not so recently upgraded to Photoshop CS5.5, all my other icc profiles are there but no R3000 profiles. Same problem with Lightroom 3.6, no Epson R3000 basic profiles to be found. Went to Epson site and downloaded a cold press natural icc profile and installed it and all three programs see that profile. I am unable to locate the basic r3000 icc profiles any where on my hard drive. They are not in Library/Colorsync/profiles, nor in the epson software folder. I attempted to use "FIND" to locate them but couldn't.
So does anyone know where Epson has hidden them this time, as I would like to try to print from Lightroom 3.6
Imac, OS 10.5.8

Thanks in advance,
Brian Woolf

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Where are my Epson R3000 icc profiles hiding
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2012, 04:09:51 pm »

Use the ColorSync utility to locate all the profiles on any machine. The profiles should be installed deep in a pacakge as part of the driver install. You’ll find the full path for the profiles in the ColorSync utility. But the bottom line is, they don’t reside where the other profiles live under OS X.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

BrianWoolf

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2012, 06:04:06 pm »

Thanks, will take a look.
Brian

BrianWoolf

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2012, 06:29:04 pm »

Well it worked fine but there is a big 'but'. What I found was a file call "SPR3000_A.profiles" and am not able to do a thing with them. In the colorsync utility it shows the contents of this file being the all the dozen or so icc profiles, but no .icc is listed after their names. Double clicking on the SPR3000_A.profiles causes a dialog box that asks in what application would you like to open the file???.
I did try to put this file in the Library/Colorsync/Profiles folder but they do not show up when I open CS5 and try a print,
And I am still mystified how CS4 knows where they are but CS5 and Lightroom 3.6 do not.

Thanks, Brian

na goodman

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 09:10:24 pm »

Can you right click or hold the control key down and click on that file and click on show package contents? From there you should get a resource folder that holds all of your profiles. Try moving them to your home user folder/library/colorsync/profiles.

Don.H

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2012, 09:21:11 pm »

I recently installed an Epson R3000 (iMAC running 10.6.8 ) and I can see my Epson profiles in:

/Library/Printers/EPSON/InkjetPrinter2/ICCProfiles/SPR3000_A.profiles/Contents/Resources/<filename>
where the <filename> is the profile file name, such as "SPR3000 Premium Luster.icc"

=> note that this is the root Library directory and not an individual user Library directory.
The finder shows "SPR3000_A.profiles" as a single file - right click on it and select "show package contents" to see the files

Colorsync, Lightroom 3.6, & Lightroom 4 all have no trouble finding these profiles (I left the profiles in the folder above - I didn't move them to the colorsync directory).

I don't recall which options I selected when I installed the Epson drivers for the printer, but they were probably the default options.

If the OP still can't find the files, you may want to look at re-installing and make sure you didn't inadvertently choose not to install the files.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2012, 11:50:13 pm »

Well it worked fine but there is a big 'but'. What I found was a file call "SPR3000_A.profiles" and am not able to do a thing with them. In the colorsync utility it shows the contents of this file being the all the dozen or so icc profiles, but no .icc is listed after their names. Double clicking on the SPR3000_A.profiles causes a dialog box that asks in what application would you like to open the file???.
I did try to put this file in the Library/Colorsync/Profiles folder but they do not show up when I open CS5 and try a print,
And I am still mystified how CS4 knows where they are but CS5 and Lightroom 3.6 do not.

Thanks, Brian
That's an OS X "package" - basically a folder that is treated like a file in the Finder. If you right click you should see a choice called "Show Package Contents".  Now you can navigate down through the folder to find the individual profiles.

BrianWoolf

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2012, 07:48:08 pm »

Success, I was able to find them, so thank you all.
The Colorsync utility did not work, I could see all the paper profiles in the main box but clicking or double clicking, brought up a new window with the icc profile in it's top header, 'SPR3000 premium luster.icc' the info in this window was what is contained within the icc profile, but all I could do was close the window, there was no 'save' or 'save as' button.
I did get to the icc profiles by right clicking on the "SPR3000_A.profiles" file that was in Library/Printers/Epson/InkjetPrinter2/IccProfiles folder. By right clicking, a drop down menu appeared with a selection called 'Show Content' in it. By selecting it, I was able to access a folder called 'Content' which had another folder called 'Resources' which actually contained the icc profiles that I was looking for. On a Mac, right clicking is something that I don't do much of and is sort of confusing with the wacom tablet and mice that i use, so I am not sure what actual was the right click action, but I did get there.
So now Photoshop CS4, CS5 and Lightroom 3.6 see the same icc profiles, hooray!

Brian Woolf

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2012, 09:49:20 am »

By selecting it, I was able to access a folder called 'Content' which had another folder called 'Resources' which actually contained the icc profiles that I was looking for. On a Mac, right clicking is something that I don't do much of and is sort of confusing with the wacom tablet and mice that i use, so I am not sure what actual was the right click action, but I did get there.
So now Photoshop CS4, CS5 and Lightroom 3.6 see the same icc profiles, hooray!

They should have seen them anyway. There is no reason why you should have to mess with the package contents or remove/move them elsewhere.

jhungerford

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 08:24:03 pm »

Just found this forum, thanks guys.

I too have an Epson R3000, but for the life of me I can't find the icc profiles file in System/Library/Printers. The only folders in there are IOMs, Libraries, PMs and PPDs, none of which has an Epson folder.

I am searching for these all because everything was OK when I went to print from Photoshop 4, in the print dialogue box I could select greyscale or colour. Now in CS5 I the options are greyed out within the final print dialogue box. (It's OK within Indesign 5.5). I have been trying to sort this out via an Adobe forum but I still can't get the options I need. That lead me to check for the icc profiles, hence this query.

I have read this thread, but my icc profiles are not where you say they should be! (I have installed latest drivers etc)
Please help! Thanks.

jhungerford

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2012, 08:56:21 pm »

Sorry, further to my last post I found that I should have been looking in the main Library folder (not inside the System/Library folder) so I have now found the profiles, thanks Wayne and Brian.
However, I still have the issue of the greyed out print dialogue boxes with Photoshop 5.1. Maybe I should try another forum like Printing Management. but if any of you have specific hints for the R3000 and related print problems please let me know!
Thanks.

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2012, 10:03:40 pm »

Now in CS5 I the options are greyed out within the final print dialogue box. (It's OK within Indesign 5.5). I have been trying to sort this out via an Adobe forum but I still can't get the options I need. That lead me to check for the icc profiles, hence this query.

With CS5/5.1 and Mac OS X 6.x and the most current Epson drivers (which includes the R3000 drivers) you have a choice...either set Photoshop to manage colors which means you select the printer/paper profile or you set Photoshop to allow printer manages colors. That's the only 2 choices now...if you want to print using the Epson Advanced B&W mode you MUST select printer manages color and then in the driver select Advanced B&W mode.

This is a new issue caused by Apple's Colorsync disabling using specific driver functions when you have Photoshop manage color. There is no workaround...and is you want to use ICC profiles you must print in color and select Photoshop manages colors.

jhungerford

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 12:47:44 am »

Thanks Schewe,

But when I go to 'Printer manages color' and then go to the 'Print settings' button (see attachment) it doesn't activate, so I can't even get to the next level of choices for paper, colour/greyscale, Advanced B&W mode etc.
Why is that and how do I get round it?

Schewe

• http:www.schewephoto.com
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 12:57:09 am »

Dit you click on Printer Settings after selecting Print Manages Colors? That's what you need to do to select Advanced B&W Mode in the driver...

jhungerford

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2012, 01:00:20 am »

Yes, but that's what I mean, when I click on 'Print settings' it won't activate, doesn't do anything or go anywhere!
It did with P'shop 4...
Something very odd is happening, but I do need to get round it.

jhungerford

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2012, 10:57:46 pm »

Any more help guys?
I am stuck here.

Thanks.

na goodman

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2012, 09:25:04 am »

Well, it's supposed to so have you tried resetting your prefrecnes in Photoshop? Also, can you print from another program and at least see the Epson driver?

Scott Martin

• Onsight
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2012, 09:35:25 am »

You might need to reset your printing system and reinstall your driver.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1341?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
Scott Martin
www.on-sight.com

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2012, 10:13:33 am »

If you haven't done it lately, I'd do the Epson-Apple driver enema cleansing which is to delete all instances of Epson printers from System Preferences>Print & Fax.
Then go to /Library/Printers and toss the whole Epson folder.
Toss LFP Remote Panel (IF you are using this utility for your printer).
Then reinstall drivers. If you have more than one Epson, you have to do this in the correct order (older than newer)
When you go back to Print & Fax to add the printer,
Then add the IP instance of the printer. This is for printers on a network.
Then re-install LFP Remote Panel if you use it with this printer.

After you install the actual Epson stuff, you can tell System Preferences>Software Update to ignore any updates in the list which is what I’d do for anything Apple wants to install. The issue is the software Apple is updating here. You should not have to do a system reinstall. But you do need to get every trace of the Apple/Epson driver stuff off the machine then install the Epson driver from their web site, then never let Apple update any printer software in the future.

jhungerford

« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2012, 12:48:19 am »

Thanks and I've tried all that, including downloading the Common Updater with no effect. Have also spoken to Epson Tech support who were no help and said they didn't know 'anything about Photoshop'! Not much help to me. All I can do is to import the image into InDesign and print from there. Big sigh.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up