Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bag for a Hasselblad H system  (Read 1673 times)

pjtn

Bag for a Hasselblad H system
« on: May 03, 2012, 10:17:32 am »

I've been looking at shoulder bags for a Hasselblad H2, P30+ and 50-110mm combination but am starting to wonder if this might all get a but heavy for a shoulder bag. Given time I may add another lens, maybe even two, not sure yet. Mostly I won't need to walk too far with it, maybe 15 minutes, odd occasions it may be a little longer, half hour to an our perhaps. I was even starting to think a sling might be a good compromise.

Any suggestions to good bags for a small Hasselblad system like this?

Richard Morwood

Re: Bag for a Hasselblad H system
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 04:23:04 pm »

I have used the Think Tank Streetwalker Hard Drive quite successfully with my H system. Originally with the 50-110 attached and laterally the 35-90. Also enough room for a couple of short lenses (<100mm), probably just one long lens (210 or 300), &/or teleconverter/extension tubes. Plus spare batteries, etc. I don't know if the smaller versions of the Streetwalker packs are big enough for your needs. I didn't buy the Hard Drive specifically for the H system, I just happen to have it and am very pleased with the size and comfort of it for my Hasselblad.
I would certainly advise against a shoulder strap bag for it though. Very uncomfortable very quickly.
Hope this helps.
Regards
Richard

pjtn

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 08:19:17 pm »

Thanks Richard, you've confirmed my suspicions of the shoulder bag being uncomfortable. I also think that I've been under estimating the size of the bag I will be needing. I don't actually have the camera in my hands yet so it's somewhat hard to tell.

Thanks again.

Richard Morwood

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 04:48:41 am »

Another reason I am fond of using the Hard Drive is because it limits what I can actually bring. If I use my larger LowePro Photo trekker, or similar, I can bring more than a couple of extra lenses, so I do....... and the weight goes up very quickly. You simply don't have that choice with the smaller hard drive bag. Limited choice by limited capacity isn't always a bad thing.
It also has a strap for a tripod, at least a series 3 Gitzo fits well. A series 5 would be a stretch.
Regards
Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up