Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad quick release options  (Read 2096 times)

pjtn

Hasselblad quick release options
« on: May 02, 2012, 09:52:52 pm »

I'm going to purchase a Hasselblad H2 and an Arca Swiss Z1 SP to go with it. I'm not sure what quick release plate to use though. Is there anything available which replaces the standard Hasselblad release plate? Trying to find one made by Arca Swiss is near impossible, they have no website. RRS makes an L plate for the H series but I'm not that fond of L plates and was hoping to get something smaller.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com
Re: Hasselblad quick release options
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 11:55:31 pm »

RRS has numerous sizes of Arca Swiss plates, not just L plates.  the L plates are specific to the camera, but many of the other plates can be used for various applications.  This one might be a good fit, you could call and check.

Induro is also making Arca Swiss style plates now.

design_freak

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 02:58:39 am »

http://db.tt/CRGa35kO

http://db.tt/G5Ivvq5z

Arca-Swiss, Inc
Rod Klukas, US Representative
PO Box 28450
Tempe AZ 85285
Main: 480-755-3364
Mobile: 480-206-4770
rod.klukas@arca-swiss.com
« Last Edit: May 03, 2012, 03:21:02 am by design_freak »
Best regards,
DF

Richard Morwood

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 01:54:15 pm »

I usually use the RRS L bracket on my H4D but if I want to use the GIL attachment then the L bracket doesn't' fit. So I have found the RRS 27D works very well. It looks very like the one suggested by Wayne, probably slightly different size, but same idea. I have no Idea why I have a 27D. Obviously fitted a camera, or lens, I once had but have parted company with. It may be that it is no longer made but I find the style works very well and is very neat.
Regards
Richard

DavidP

• papas.com
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2012, 09:46:51 pm »

I know L plates are clunky looking, but they really are great if you shoot vertical a lot.
Otherwise it puts a big strain on everything when the camera is sideways. I use the Kirk one. I hear the RRS is great too. It is more or less permanent on my H/phase one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up