Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 30 bit monitor?  (Read 2883 times)

Jazzr2

30 bit monitor?
« on: May 02, 2012, 03:37:24 pm »

From what I can decipher, Most of the wide gamut 24" monitors by NEC or Eizo or LaCie are using the same LG panel that is a 10 bit per color panel that is actually 8 bit + FRC. If you move up to the 30" panel you get true 10 bit. Can anyone see a difference in values at either end of the spectrum on these? I do have a 10 bit card, have yet to purchase a monitor but I would like to try and go 10 bit wide gamut. I do a lot of Black and White and often Infra-red where the curves adjustments on the highlights and then the shadows are especially crtical.
On another note, it seems LG will release later this year a new line of wide gamut panels that arei based on W-LED backlighting and actually encompass Adobe RGB. In theory, these panels will have a different ant-glare coating that also affects the visibility of fine gradations. Does anyone have any idea if these monitors are even likely to appear this year? Anyone have any Samsung S27A970 info as well???

jerryrock

• The Grove Street Photographer
Re: 30 bit monitor?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2012, 01:00:37 am »

Why not try the HP Dreamcolor LP 2480zx? It is a 24" RGB backlit true 30 bit monitor. I have been using it for four years now.

Gerald J Skrocki
Pages: [1]   Go Up