Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LR4 RC2 Second Monitor Misbehaviour  (Read 897 times)

Pete_G

LR4 RC2 Second Monitor Misbehaviour
« on: May 02, 2012, 01:28:52 pm »

I'm having a problem with the way LR4 RC2 is rendering colour on my secondary monitor. I have an HP24w set as my primary, and an NEC Spectraview 2090 as a secondary, the NEC is a little better than the HP, and is hw calibrated too, the HP is calibrated using the same Basicolor, but only via video LUT's as normal. In fact both monitors render colour pretty well the same, there are just greater subtleties on the NEC.

In LR4 I have noticed that the image on the secondary monitor is slightly desaturated compared to that on the primary. It seems that the colour shift is more noticeable in the reds, but it does exist in other hues.

If I load the same image into PS CS6 beta and set it to dual display, and then toggle between PS and LR,  the colour difference of the image on the secondary monitor between both apps becomes very noticeable as it's more of an A/B comparison. Photoshop is rendering the image correctly on both monitors. If I set up the same image in LR 3, there is no difference between the two monitors, or toggling between PS and LR. So LR 3 works correctly, it just LR4 RC2. I didn't notice the same problem with LR4 RC1 but I prolly wasn't looking carefully enough.

Has anyone got any ideas or experiencing this?

For the record: HP Z800, Nvidia Quadro FX3800, Win 7 64.

Pete_G

Re: LR4 RC2 Second Monitor Misbehaviour
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 02:18:03 pm »

Huh...after reading Andrew Rodney's suggestion, in a different thread, of trashing the prefs, I did that. I fact, after LR created a new catalogue I went back on the decision and restored the original prefs but it seemed to have solved the problem somehow. Now the secondary monitor is rendering the correct colour. Go figure...as they say...
Pages: [1]   Go Up