Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nikon D800 Live View "shutter lag"  (Read 4426 times)

Mc

Nikon D800 Live View "shutter lag"
« on: May 02, 2012, 11:49:35 am »

Hi,

I have just finished reading "Bernard Languillier" d800 review (very useful!) and I noticed that he mentions that one might need as much as two seconds between shots even with 600x Sandisk cards. Does anyone else have a different experience? do you think that there might be a setting, like "burst", which can allow for a shorter lag between frames?

When using Canon Live View, the lag time between shots is greatly reduced, for instance, if one doesn't lift the finger from the shutter button between frames (keeping the shutter button half pressed). I would be most grateful if someone having a d800 could try this out.

I am currently working on a long term project (using Canon) where I need to use live view and have a lag time between shots of 0.5 - 1 sec max. Switching to Nikon would make my job much easier thanks to the increased resolution but if the lag time is so high it's going to be a deal breaker.

Needless to say I have not found a D800 to try out or rent anywhere as yet and I have already scoured the web for answers...

Thank you all for your help I really appreciate it.

Manuel

rogan

Re: Nikon D800 Live View "shutter lag"
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2012, 10:02:06 pm »

You can burst shots all you want at 3fps, it's just the screen doesn't come back on. Put it on continuous and shoot away. If your object isn't moving a lot, no big deal

Mc

Re: Nikon D800 Live View "shutter lag"
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2012, 02:28:20 am »

Thank you for letting me know about this! I actually have no need to see what's happening in the LCD after the first frame so that's good news.

I was wondering if I could ask you a follow up question. Let's say that I don't select "burst" but leave the camera in it's standard setting can I shoot at any interval between shots(always while in live view)?  by that I mean can I take a shot every 0.75 seconds, 0,5 sec or 1 sec for example... or is there a set minimum time? Thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up