Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Missing warranty card!!! New Canon 5D Mark III without warranty card?  (Read 3923 times)

haring

• http://www.haringphotography.com

I have received my Canon 5D Mark III today without warranty card. I bought it from "getitdigital" off from ebay. They claim that it is brand new USA product with 1 year USA warranty.

I have called Canon and they say that I need both the receipt AND the warranty card to have warranty for the camera.

I have called the store but they told me that they will email me the warranty card... It sounds strange....

Did any of you guys had the same experience with any cameras? what should I do? Should send it back and ask for a refund?

Ellis Vener

• http://www.ellisvener.com

yes you should.

Wayne Fox

• waynefox.com

Warranty cards are rarely required, but certainly the sale needs to be legitimate.  The receipt should have the camera serial number on it, and that number can be verified by Canon USA.  The fact the card is removed (canon doesn't forget to put them in) certainly points to it being a grey market camera and thus not supported by canon USA.

You could take it up with the seller and you could also address it via eBay ... they don't think too highly of operators that don't deliver exactly what they represent.

schrodingerscat

If in California, all you need is the receipt, and might be the same elsewhere. Cards are not that critical these days, as most people register their camera online and sellers will retain the card if there is a promo running for that product.

I'd try registering online ASAP, which should tell you whether it's legit or greymarket. If greymarket, file a SNAD with ebay. Canon USA will not cover it under warranty.

I tend to shy away from the NY sellers(especially Brooklyn), unless they have a B&M address that checks out for a retail operation.

stamper

yes you should.

You might possibly end up without a camera ... and a warrant card? Lost in post. ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up