Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Advice  (Read 656 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Advice
« on: April 29, 2012, 09:55:16 am »

Same image in colour and B&W. I did some basic workflow processing from the SOOC image, mostly to boost contrast and some luminosity. I made the shot because of the blues in the sky and water and how well the whites were offset without taking on too much of a bluish color cast.
No GND's, polarizers or any other devices were used in this shot.

Questions are...is the blue "too" much? How radical of a crop would you go (if at all)? Which one does it best for you, Colour or B&W?

If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

John R Smith

• Still crazy, after all these years
Re: Advice
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 10:33:32 am »

Chris

Since you are asking for advice . . .

I think the B/W version works much better. This has some presence and gravitas, whereas the colour version is just sort of blue and feels to me more like a snapshot, to use a very pejorative word. The clouds are rather special, but I'm not really sure that they are special enough to make the picture terrific, if you know what I mean. But there you go, that's advice for you  ;)

John
Hasselblad 500 C/M, SWC and CFV-39 DB
an

degrub

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 12:20:03 pm »

i second the B&W. If you are interested in the clouds, the rest of the picture is distracting. There is a thread here "clouds" that would be worth studying for ideas.

Frank

shutterpup

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 01:47:27 pm »

I don't like the overall blue tone of the color version. The b&w I much prefer for that reason.
Pages: [1]   Go Up