Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tiff issues /conversion  (Read 2244 times)

Phil Indeblanc

Tiff issues /conversion
« on: April 28, 2012, 04:10:30 pm »

Is there some way for C1 to convert TIF raw files to IIQ raw?

I often have trouble with LR
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...

gdh

• https://www.facebook.com/Gallery833-Fine-Art-in-Redding-160225810674500/
Re: Tiff issues /conversion
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 07:19:28 pm »

Well I'm not the most experienced with C1, but here is my thought.  First, are you talking about the "tif" format file that is an option direct from the Phase one Digital back, or a real computer software produced tiff?  The former you can change on your DB to creat IIQ file, if that is where you are getting it from. With the IQ series of DB for instance you have your choice--I never understood why they created a format name that is easily confused with a long time standard (Tiff).  If you are talking about a Tiff that has been produced as a result of already processing a RAW file, then there is no going back.  If I'm incorrect, I'll happily stand corrected and hopefully there will be an avalanche of responses. :)

Phil Indeblanc

Re: Tiff issues /conversion
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 02:24:05 pm »

When I shoot with an older back like a P25/H25/H20 etc...using C1 3.78 for shooting (as it is much faster than C16x), It saves the file to the computer. LR 3 and 4 ONLY see IIQ files and NOT TIF. It does see the thumbnail TIF, but that's just a low res preview. I too have no idea WHY they did this....Even Canon on the 1Ds did this.

fyi, shooting with C1 3.78 the image almost instantly pops up on a WinXp machine and sharp(also the preview Zoom/detail on the 3.78 is VERY useful, as with the way the pixels are arranged, you can tell if its going to be sharp or not. (I can elaborate if one cares). So you dont have to wait for the large image to be fully sharp.

Shooting in C16 on same machine is about 12seconds. Shooting C1 6 on a Quad i7 Win7-64bit 16GB Ram with SSD, still takes a good few seconds!
If you buy a camera, you're a photographer...
Pages: [1]   Go Up