Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spring leaves  (Read 1029 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Spring leaves
« on: April 28, 2012, 08:46:50 am »

Hi all,

Took this image a few days ago while out with my instruction holiday trainees. I knew this grove of trees was photographically interesting, hence why I took them there, but since my last visit the leaves had just started to pop out and give a nice bright green colour contrast to the whole scene. The light is behind the trees to my left and shining through to hit the new leaves and lighting them up nicely. There was a slight but stubborn breeze, that was making some of the leaves tremble and which seems to have added a sort of glow effect to some of the brighter leaves.

CC's welcome as always.

Dave.

francois

Re: Spring leaves
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 04:52:47 am »

I like it. I think it's a difficult subject and you managed to get a very pleasant result.

Bravo
Francois

EduPerez

• Edu Pérez
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 05:02:22 am »

I like it. I think it's a difficult subject and you managed to get a very pleasant result.

Bravo

Agreed! It's one of those images with lots of elements in it, but it does not look cluttered at all; nice juxtaposition between the vertical trunks and the horizontal branches. Not a close-up, but from a distance it looks like a single texture; interesting.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 01:07:55 pm »

Thanks - it was just one of those rare moments when you sort of see the final image in your head even before you get out of the car.

Thanks again.

Dave

WalterEG

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2012, 07:17:18 pm »

A wonderful opportunity identified and captured with sensitivity.

W
Pages: [1]   Go Up