Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: White blotches with Epson 3880 + canvas paper  (Read 1086 times)

RawheaD

White blotches with Epson 3880 + canvas paper
« on: April 27, 2012, 10:34:28 pm »

Hi,

I was printing one of my photos for a friend using a canvas paper I purchased the other day along with several other papers.  The other papers have labels so I know exactly what they are, but one roll was this mystery canvas paper with no label.

I used the Exhibition Canvas Matte (SP3880 ECM MK v1.icc) ICC profile I downloaded from the web, as I had no idea what else to use.

Test printing on a 4x6 cut sheet worked well, so I went on and printed the 17x22, and there I had a couple spots showing these things (see photo): white blotches that look almost like paint drip.  The nozzles are clean.

If anybody has an idea what this might be, I'd be very grateful if you could share your thoughts.

One thing that occurred to me is that maybe it's then paper?  As you can see, the paper actually has a sheen to it, so it might be a glossy/satin type canvas paper?

Obviously, it's a bit idiotic working with a mystery paper, but I'd hate to see it go to waste (there's still another 50 feet or so of it left).

RawheaD

Re: White blotches with Epson 3880 + canvas paper
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 12:57:13 pm »

Heh, so it's not the paper or the ICC profile or the settings.  I got the same result when doing glossy print, and then I tried a 17x22 print with a Brilliant Supreme Lustre paper, for which I have the appropriate ICC profile for the 3880, and I got something similar (white blotches) and worse (a band of muck near the left edge; see photo).

Since I'm not having a problem with 13x19 (Museo matte paper), I'm guessing it's a size thing.  Which means the printer is defective :(

I guess I'll have to send it in for repair before the warranty runs out. Sigh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up