Yes, now that I am playing with it a bit more (Kinda hesitant to convert older files to new process, but doing as I go along and seeing the shift) ...LR4 is not much if any slower than LR3
To note (besides Schewe's name spelling, Sorry for the typo Schewe! :-)
I notice "Clarity slider making shift in a more "HDR-ish(if I may) crunch...if you will..vs the crisp sharp/dark haze changes.
The shadow and hilight etc, I will see how they behave vs pre-2012 engine.
But I like it overall
Using Schneider Apo Digital I see no CA :-P
But I do like the shadow, whites blacks...bit of getting used to since the Black slider is flipped change.
Softproof...I normally send to the EFI RIP, but I do print lots. and maybe it works like PS Proof view? (Which I find useful at times).
Book maybe cool, though I use InDesign, but see the value and integration. I WISH map could be removed for those who care less, and I WISH Video would be just to view and have a seperate app to launch when asking to edit...just to keep LR resources and memory light.
I ask for a few short list of things from ADOBE....
(regarding LR & photoshop)
1. Make the sliders more accurate in LR4! They really suck right now. It was just as bad if not a bit better in LR3. I know values has gotten better but mouse movements are bad.
I use a gaming mouse with variable speed in movement and it helps editing a great deal, and that may play a roll in it, but on 30" real estate, one needs to move fast.
2. Make saving PSD files FASTER. When will this happen IF ever. Already we are forced to save in compat mode for LR to see them!!! Faaa**
3. Make shortcuts to tools more accurately mapped(I often have trouble going from a blur tool or grad, or select,etc. to different layer types(normal/lighten, etc).
sometimes they just get stuck and I have to select by mouse, then it kicks back in. ( I do use a Logi G15 gaming Keyboard, and I also map some shortcuts to macro prog keys to help speed things). FWIW: I haven't played a comp game for over 10 years. (anyone remember 7-Cities of Gold in the 80's, and Karatika on the Apple 2e :-)...Well I stopped with WarCraft sometime ago.
4. Make use the GPU on LR PS (I guess Cuda and GL are in use for PS, right?)
5. In the Develop mode for LR, I wish I could drag the tools off to the second screen (This would work great with my initial idea to minimize/Expand the second screen automatically when switching between Library and Dev mode....just as an option, since the filmstrip is enough for Dev mode, and zoom is no issue on the main screen. I can see why you would in some instances, but the Pref/Option would be a time saver.