Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good deal on H2 w/ CFH-39 back + 80mm?  (Read 2240 times)

MarkoMijailovic

• MRKM FOTO
Good deal on H2 w/ CFH-39 back + 80mm?
« on: April 25, 2012, 07:20:33 pm »

Despite having been one of the first people to call and order a D800 the day it was released and being promised first spot on the retailers list, I've still not received it and in the mean time a, what I consider to be, enticing offer on a Hasselblad system has come up...

For $5000 CDN I have been offered up the following:

-CFH-39 digital back
-H2 body
-HV 90x prism
-2x Lithion batter grips + charger
-80mm f/2.8 HC lens
-13mm extension tube

I shoot mainly fashion/portrait and have always dreamed of using a MFD system (specifically Hassy), but could never afford and now have gotten some nicely paid work so could make this work for a bit more than I was looking to spend on the Nikon...

What do you guys think? Is it a good deal and would it be good for what I shoot?

Thanks,

Marko M.

Nick-T

Re: Good deal on H2 w/ CFH-39 back + 80mm?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 07:45:12 pm »

First off that is a GREAT deal if you don't take it I might :)

As to wether medium format will suit you, only you can answer that as it depends on your shooting style, if you like to leap about shouting "Yeah baby!" withyour finger held down on the shutter release the medium format probably isn't for you :)

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

MarkoMijailovic

• MRKM FOTO
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 08:43:02 pm »

Yeah, I'll probably end up getting it.

Something else I was wondering...

If I get this kit, can I just throw in a memory card, go and shoot and then simply load the images onto my computer as I've done until now with my Nikon DSLR system or is there some special software I have to use? No need to shoot tethered, right? Is it even possible to shoot jpeg with these beasts or is it just RAW? Also, how many shutter actuations are these generally rated at before needing one replaced? Anything specific I should check for? I wish the lenses weren't so darn expensive as I could really use a longer one if I go with this system... I'm used to shooting 85mm on FF DSLR.

Thanks!

Nick-T

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 09:55:44 pm »

No you don't have to shoot tethered.

You'll need *some* software to process the RAW files (no it won't shoot JPG). For best file quality use Hasselblad's own (free) software Phocus. Otherwise Lightroom Aperture etc..
The shutters are in the lenses so it's that number you need to check, I *think* the lens shutters are rated for 100K.

Nick-T
[url=http://www.hasselbladdigitalforum.c

petermarrek

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 10:02:41 am »

The files from a CFH-39 back will open just fine in Lightroom, albeit a bit more slowly, or you can download phocus from  the Hasselblad website. I just returned from a trip to Mexico and Arizona/ Utah and the files are truly stunning, just waiting to pick up my printer and see what a 320 meg tiff prints like, Peter

MarkoMijailovic

• MRKM FOTO
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 02:10:03 pm »

Body has 60k and lens 50k actuations.

Will it still have enough life in it? $5k isn't a lot to some on here, but to me it is, so I want to make sure this is really worth investing in. I'll no doubt have to refine my shooting technique and get more useable images in fewer shots.

MarkoMijailovic

• MRKM FOTO
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 11:57:50 pm »

Anything regarding the actuation number? Will it still have a few years of life in it at such a high number? This will be my main studio camera so want to make sure I'm making a good move.

Brian Hirschfeld

• Brian Hirschfeld Photography
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 10:20:06 am »

Those actuation numbers are high, but it would be more relevant to know how it was used. My first MFDB was a Hasselblad H3Dii-39ms camera and its very good to learn with. Have you seen it / demoed it? this would probably be the best way to learn if it works for you.

Of course with any new system there is a learning curve, but it is very "plug and play" so you can figure it out quickly and easily.
www.brianhirschfeldphotography.com / www.flickr.com/brianhirschfeldphotography
---------------------------------------------------------------
Leica / Nikon / Hasselblad / Mamiya ~ Proud IQ180 owner

design_freak

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 12:34:51 pm »

do not exaggerate with these numbers ...
if you take care of equipment such as a car, It will be almost eternal.
Service prices are not too exorbitant
http://www.hasselblad.com/service--support/service/cost-estimates-and-fixed-service-prices.aspx

I have practically Unused h3d39 if someone is looking for ;)
Best regards,
DF
Pages: [1]   Go Up