Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I1Profiler – issue making display profile  (Read 6892 times)

Photopro888

I1Profiler – issue making display profile
« on: April 25, 2012, 04:01:06 pm »

Using the i1pro2, I1profiler v1.31 goes to the end of reading the patches then the program (i1profiler) stops… windows error “this program had an error and needs to restart”

Some info on the system: win7 HP 64bit, i5, 8Gb Ram, Main LCD-HP ZR24w, 2nd LCD-LP2065

I1Profiler used in advanced mode, tried v2 and v4 profiles same result, small patch set, no ambient light test, and no glare test.
Also should note that I and was not able to start the profiling on the ZR24w it would always jump to the LP2065 (Yes, I did click on the ZR24w in the software) and want to start there (as in hang the i1Pro2 on the LP2065) to resolve this I unplugged the DVI cable to the LP2065.     
Thanks for any help.
Darren

rasworth

Re: I1Profiler – issue making display profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 11:45:40 am »

Anything in the event log?  I've used it on Win7 64bit system, large patch set, no problems.

Richard Southworth

Photopro888

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 02:17:46 pm »

Thanks for the reply Richard, I will check the logs.

Tried a few other things… Without the auto set of white balance etc… with the i1Pro and the NEC branded i1display Pro which did not work with i1Profiler at all. Updated to the latest video drivers and windows is up to date. The same result as before, it seems that in stops working at the end during the verify stage. 

Thanks for any help!

Darren 

rasworth

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 02:54:04 pm »

I noticed on the Xrite web site they have a new (4/25/12) device services download.  Mine worked with the old, but you might give them a try.

Richard Southworth

Added by edit - what do you mean by "verify stage"?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:55:40 pm by rasworth »

Photopro888

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 05:56:36 pm »

After it reads the patches (I think the screen goes white for a second) it will start to verify with more patches, at the very bottom middle of the screen in small type it says “verify…”

Here is the error in event viewer: "Event ID: 1000"

Faulting application name: i1Profiler.exe, version: 1.3.1.11444, time stamp: 0x4f72ac6f
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 6.1.7601.17725, time stamp: 0x4ec49b8f
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000ce6c3
Faulting process id: 0x58c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd240f198fd23b
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\X-Rite\i1Profiler\i1Profiler.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 44ca8765-9009-11e1-baf0-e0cb4ed5a895

Thanks,

Darren
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:25:57 am by Photopro888 »

rasworth

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 09:04:58 am »

I checked, my version of ntdll.dll is the same as yours.  Could be a faulty install of i1Profiler or a corrupt ntdll.dll or other - here's a reference I obtained by googling ntdll:

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/a/ntdlldll.htm

Have you applied all w7 updates, including the service pack?  Even though the dll is the correct version could be some other module that interacts.

Richard Southworth

datro

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 07:03:33 pm »

I just purchased the i1Display Pro this week, installed i1Profiler 1.3.1 (including the latest XRD device services component), and I'm having the exact same problem on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit.  My APPCRASH is the same as yours, exception code c0000374 (which is a "generic" error usually indicating a heap corruption problem according to my research on the web).  Interestingly, even the fault offset is exactly the same, so the code is faulting at EXACTLY the same place on your system and my system.

I logged a call with X-Rite this morning and I'm happy to say that I heard back from them this afternoon.  I've been told that the developer of the code is actually looking at this problem already with another user and has already collected some debug traces to look at.  I may also be talking with the developer on Monday in case they need to collect more data on this.  So at least X-Rite is aware of this issue, and hopefully we'll get a fix ASAP.  I haven't been able to make a single profile yet because of this problem.

Dave

Photopro888

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 11:52:04 am »

Thanks Dave for the info… Just for the heck of it, I uninstalled version 1.31 and installed version 1.20 of i1Profiler (neither version had been installed previously on this box) and used the older i1Pro and it worked fine. I’ll just use 1.20 and wait for a fix to come out, hopefully soon because I have to send my version 1 back to x-rite.

I bought “i1Photo Pro” then about 20 days later “i1Photo Pro2” came out, x-rite did allow me to upgrade, but for a fee of course.

Darren

datro

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2012, 08:01:20 pm »

A quick update and some good news:

I talked again with X-Rite support today.  The developers have identified what was happening on my system and they have a fix in the works for i1Profiler which I am hopeful will be available shortly.  In the mean time, for anyone experiencing this problem I recommend you contact X-Rite support.  They were very helpful in getting me back in business.  Kudos to X-Rite on their quick attention to this!

Dave

datro

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 09:05:48 pm »

Further update:  I just noticed today that X-rite has updated i1Profiler to version 1.3.2.  I'm pretty sure this version includes the fix for the problem identified in this thread.

Photopro888

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2012, 04:48:39 pm »

Thanks Dave for the update... looks like the 1.3.2 update did fix this issue for my system... or at least the main part (it makes the profile without crashing) the issue with it jumping over to my 2nd LCD is still there, have to do a reboot and unplug the 2nd LCD to get around of that issue.

-Darren
Pages: [1]   Go Up