Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with LR 4.1RC and Wacom  (Read 2592 times)

Jim Pascoe

• http://www.jimpascoe.co.uk
Problem with LR 4.1RC and Wacom
« on: April 25, 2012, 12:57:24 pm »

Following my problem with loosing my preview cache I decided to upgrade from 4.0 to 4.1RC.  Unfortunately I have now lost the presets for the buttons on my Wacom Intuos 4.  I have installed the latest drivers from Wacom and it makes no difference.  Works fine with LR3 and Photoshop.  Running on a Mac with OS 10.6.

Perhaps I should have stuck with LR3 for now!

Jim

dc

Re: Problem with LR 4.1RC and Wacom
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 01:12:04 pm »

Jim, it's because of the way LR 4.1rc is labeled. When 4.1 becomes official.. the tablet control program should see the LR 4.1 as LR 4. same as the current official version. You should have your labels back then.  As what to do in the mean time, I've got no idea. It happened before with 3.x updates and the rc versions.

Doug

Rand47

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 08:31:47 pm »

I'm using an Intuous 5 w/ LR4.1rc no problem.  I did have to go into the Wacom Preferences utility and assign the functions I preferred for the various options, i.e it didn't automatically remember them, but once assigned is working as normal.
Rand Scott Adams

Jim Pascoe

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2012, 03:14:54 am »

I think perhaps Doug may be right, unfortunately.  I have already tried re-assigning the keys so that is not the problem.  It is only a speed problem but when I'm working quickly I like to use the tablet's function keys.  For instance at the moment I am editing a school play with hundreds of pictures, and having to move my left hand backward and forward to the keyboard instead of just using my fingers on the express keys - it all adds up to increased time on a job.  I feel sure I've never had so many problems when upgrading previous version of Lightroom.  It is such a great piece of software that I'm willing to forgive it though, but next time will not upgrade for at least a few months.

Jim

dc

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2012, 10:32:54 am »

Rand47 is also correct. You may reassign the key commands etc. all over again. this will work. But as you say it's a lot of extra work to get back what you already had set-up. Perhaps someone else knows of a way to copying settings from one app to another within the wacom tablet interface? That would be cool!

Doug

Jim Pascoe

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2012, 12:15:59 pm »

Ah well you see that is the problem.  I have already tried to re-assign the key and it does not work.  I have deleted LR4 from the wacom list and then re-chosen it again - but still no luck.

dc

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2012, 01:31:46 pm »

now that is odd… I'm out of answers on this one.

good luck.   Doug

Rand47

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 04:55:11 pm »

now that is odd… I'm out of answers on this one.

good luck.   Doug

Me too.  It worked fine for me.  I hope you can get it sorted. 

Rand
Rand Scott Adams

Jim Pascoe

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2012, 04:10:42 am »

I see that 4.1 RC2 is now out - would it be tempting fate to install this to see if the bug has been addressed (if it is a bug in LR)?

Rand47

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2012, 09:53:23 am »

I see that 4.1 RC2 is now out - would it be tempting fate to install this to see if the bug has been addressed (if it is a bug in LR)?

I installed 4.1 RC2 yesterday and it "remembered" my Intuos 5 button an pen button assignments for LR perfectly.  Give it a go.
I have a feeling that something "else" must be going on with your Intuos 4.  Have you tried re-installing its driver?  Best of luck.
Rand Scott Adams
Pages: [1]   Go Up