Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Big Sur, Ca  (Read 2648 times)

MTGFender

Big Sur, Ca
« on: April 25, 2012, 06:49:39 am »

Hasselblad H4D-40 with HCD 35-90mm at 35mm
GND and Lee Big Stopper
ISO 100, f/16, 128 sec

Cheers,

Enda Cavanagh

• http://www.endacavanagh.com
Re: Big Sur, Ca
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 07:32:33 am »

Nice image Pramote but if you look at the horizon you seem to have some geometric distortion. You can easily remove that in Phocus before processing your files. Now that you have processed your image you can still correct it using the lens correction tool in photoshop. I had a quick go and it looks like the horizon is a wee bit crooked too.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2012, 12:47:17 pm »

You seem to have assumed that MTGFender processed the image but did not notice the curved horizon.

You seem to have assumed that you are the teacher and MTGFender is to be instructed.

You don't seem at all interested in finding out what MTGFender was trying to do.
What is the matter with you? Were you away from school on the day that the concept of reasonable politeness was taught?

Jeremy

Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2012, 12:55:12 pm »

Isaac.
Do you even know what phocus is? I have a hasselblad H3D so I am familiar with the camera and software. Is there anything in my post that warrants you yet again to go off on a pointless rant. Was I in any way arrogant or demeaning in my statement about the image. Can you for once take a chill out pill. I said I like the image and I made a point about the horizon. The word seems does not mean I think I am talking fact. Maybe Pramote meant to have the horizon slightly off. Maybe he meant to have the distortion on the image but for you to go on again like a petulant child says a lot about you and is exactly why I really don't take a single word that you write seriously.

The last thing you should do Isaac is assume anything about me. As usual you are wrong. As usual you strive to distract attention away from the original post and towards you to and your comments, which are generally just comments about other peoples comments. For God's sake. Give it a rest.  

MTGFender

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2012, 01:06:26 pm »

Thanks very much Isaac, Jeremy and Enda. I really appreciate your comments.
I opened the RAW this in Phocus and it came out like this except I did mildly level in PS.
I tried to un-curve but did not like it. A little distortion works for me for this photo.
Regards,
Pramote

Isaac

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2012, 01:10:08 pm »

What is the matter with you? Were you away from school on the day that the concept of reasonable politeness was taught?
Should I take the comment you've just made as my model of reasonable politeness?

Christoph C. Feldhaim

• There is no rule! No - wait ...
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2012, 01:13:38 pm »

Isaac - just stop it !

I have been watching your style of posting for quite some time now without getting involved,
but what you do here severely sucks and starts poisoning the forums.

Stop it!

I won't post anymore in this thread or any reply to this post.
So feel free to spit all over the place whatever you like, but I have enough of this.

Not sincerely
~Chris

Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2012, 01:21:45 pm »

Hi Pramote
No problem. Not sure if you know but there's a pretty cool tool in phocus for eliminating distortion but than again you said you liked a little. The distortion removal in phocus is tied into whatever lens and settings were used in the image capture so it's very accurate, especially with a lens like yours which is geared towards the digital backs.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2012, 01:32:27 pm »

... You don't seem at all interested in finding out what MTGFender was trying to do.

I think it is obvious what OP was trying to do: to prove the Earth is round. ;)

Enda Cavanagh

« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2012, 01:40:29 pm »

Ya but it's hip to be square  :D

I think it is obvious what OP was trying to do: to prove the Earth is round. ;)

michael

« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2012, 10:16:38 pm »

That's all folks.

Michael
Pages: [1]   Go Up