Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Alt-Right Click for brush size not working CS5 W7  (Read 1895 times)

DougJ

Alt-Right Click for brush size not working CS5 W7
« on: April 24, 2012, 02:48:22 am »

For some time now I've run CS5 under XP with a Wacom Cintiq 12 WX and have routinely used alt-right click to adjust brush size and hardness.

For the past week I've been migrating to W7.  What I've done is add a new HD to my machine and installed W7 on that new-HD.  So now I can dual boot through the BIOS.

CS5 and LR3 continue to work under XP as they've always done; CS5 and LR3 seem to be working every bit as well (really much better as I've got 8Gig of RAM for W7) under W7 except that the alt-right click to adjust brush size does not function--I get two rings, touch rings they seem to be called.

I've updated drivers for my NVIDIA 9600GT card and installed the latest Wacom 64-bit driver for the Cintiq. 

I've spent several hours chasing the problem with the help of Google, searching the Wacom site, etc.  The only result I've got is that this is a well known problem; of the several proposed solutions that I've tried, none has worked for me.

I've searched on this web site, but found o reference to this problem.  Nevertheless, I thought I'd ask.

TIA for any advice.

Ciao,

Doug

DougJ

Re: Alt-Right Click for brush size not working CS5 W7
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2012, 12:45:56 pm »

I'm now replying to myself to report with considerable embarrassment that there is no problem with my Cintiq 12 WX--it is working just fine with CS5 and LR3 running under 64-bit W7. 

The problem is with the one image file that I was working on when I first noticed the problem.  Instead of seeing if the problem was exhibited on a different image, I went straight to Google where I found several threads addressing the problem that faced me.  That was where I became trapped in thinking that the problem was a hardware/software problem.   What I should have done, and which I did not do until after posting my first message here, was to see if the problem presented itself when working on a different image.

To this point I have tried about a dozen other images and found no problem--but, I've not established what is causing the problem image to be problematic, and I probably won't for it's time to get back to photography.

Best to all who view this.

Ciao,

Doug

Pages: [1]   Go Up