Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happiness is a sharp lens  (Read 6530 times)

BillOConnor

Re: Happiness is a sharp lens
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2012, 05:12:10 pm »

I love the Botanic Garden shot. Denver has a very nice one, i should go over there with my camera.

Bill

mediumcool

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2012, 07:56:59 pm »

I love the Botanic Garden shot. Denver has a very nice one, i should go over there with my camera.

Bill

Thanks, Bill. They’re peaceful oases in a hurried world; the State Government has slashed the budget of our gardens, making it difficult to keep services going. Economic rationalism at work!
FaceBook facebook.com/ian.goss.39   www.mlkshk.com/user/mediumcool

ondebanks

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2012, 07:58:51 pm »

I had the 145SF, but didn’t use it in the twelve months in my possession, so sold it. Difficult to focus too …

Of course, this discussion really belongs in the "Happiness is a soft lens" thread!

I, too, really like the Botanic Garden shot - great light.

Ray

Drew Harty

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2012, 01:50:49 pm »

Hello,

I recently tested many of my lens, including a Mamiya AF 55mm, a shift 50mm, a 45mm, two 150mm, and two 80mm, and several Rodenstock Apo Sironar digital lens.  My 55mm tested equal or better than all the other Mamiya lens.  The shift 50mm lens equals it for center sharpness when not shifted but when shifted the resolution degrades quickly.  I have also read other user reviews saying the Mamiya 55mm was one of the sharper lens in their kit.

My one recommendation would be to try focusing manually and using the digital back to check at 100%, if you haven't already done this.  Three times out of four, the auto focus on my 55mm does not achieve the sharpest focus, and I need to switch focus to manual and turn the focusing ring a degree at a time until sharpest focus is achieved.  Curiously, I almost always turning the ring clock wise to get sharper focus.

Drew
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up