Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I think this is where I should have started  (Read 591 times)

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
I think this is where I should have started
« on: April 21, 2012, 10:31:28 am »

Living near the ocean or almost always traveling close to the ocean, I am intrigued with both the refractory qualities of light and the reflective qualities of light. In this shot, just as the sun cracked the horizon, a low fog filtering the light, my goal was to capture the ambience of the time and the gentleness of the light as it tried to break through the low fog.

Nikon D7000 24-70 2.8 F:9 1/1000 ISO 100 6:38 CST (USA)
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: I think this is where I should have started
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 10:48:36 am »

Very nice. Given that it so monochromatic, may I suggest to either convert it to b&w or use a cloudy/shade white balance, i.e., just a hint of golden, to bring back some of the sunrise atmosphere?

Chris Calohan

• Editing Allowed
Re: I think this is where I should have started
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 11:24:39 am »

Unfortunately, if I try to retain or add any of the "golden" colorization, I start getting a lot of color banding in the sky. I suspect this is due to the water crystals in the fog but it doesn't lend itself to continuing. As a B&W, I wasn't particularly thrilled...but may take another shot at it later. I probably should have either used a polarizer or a .6 GND.
If it Ain't Broke, Leave it Alone; if it is Broke, Fix it; if it's a Maybe, Play With it - Who Knows
Pages: [1]   Go Up