Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hawaiian Sky  (Read 926 times)

marcmccalmont

Hawaiian Sky
« on: April 21, 2012, 05:12:12 am »

I was about to remove the Nikon-Canon converter from my 14-24 Nikkor and figured I'd take one last shot with the 5DII. The sky here is so clear no light pollution just put the camera on the railing and set 30 sec exposure.
Marc
Marc McCalmont

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
Re: Hawaiian Sky
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2012, 10:52:47 am »

OMG it’s full of stars! :D

Beautiful capture.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2012, 11:09:22 am »

Given that you removed the adapter (and the lens), this looks like sensor dust to me, no? I mean! that would happen if you keep the camera upward, open, no body cap, for 30 sec, no?  :P

Justan

• Justan-Elk.com
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2012, 11:17:12 am »

^Someone did a series of captures based on what he called sensor burn, iirc. He did a long exposure of nothing, just to display the noise that the camera’s sensor produced. Then used that as a layer in several other captures. The results were cool and striking. Nothing at all like what is above.

marcmccalmont

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2012, 02:52:01 pm »

Given that you removed the adapter (and the lens), this looks like sensor dust to me, no? I mean! that would happen if you keep the camera upward, open, no body cap, for 30 sec, no?  :P

OMG it must be a miracle my dark frame has the same pattern as the Milky Way!  ;D
Marc McCalmont

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 02:59:50 pm »

OMG it must be a miracle my dark frame has the same pattern as the Milky Way!  ;D

Had it been taken with an 800e, I might have been able to detect such a pattern... with 5DII, it is just a bunch of noise, I am afraid :P

marcmccalmont

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 03:04:39 pm »

Had it been taken with an 800e, I might have been able to detect such a pattern... with 5DII, it is just a bunch of noise, I am afraid :P
The 5DII does have fairly strong pattern noise!
By next month I should have a D800E so I can re-shoot the dark frame if I get the same pattern then maybe it is a corporate conspiracy between Canon and Nikon!
Marc McCalmont
Pages: [1]   Go Up