Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Good Rollei dealers in NY ?  (Read 3834 times)

rolleiflexpages

• http://www.rolleiflexpages.com
Good Rollei dealers in NY ?
« on: April 19, 2012, 07:20:22 pm »

Am in NY for a couple of days and was wondering if there are any good Rollei dealers in town?
Thanks
Pascal Heyman - www.rolleiflexpages.com

Doug Peterson

• http://www.doug-peterson.com
Re: Good Rollei dealers in NY ?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 07:56:59 pm »

Can't help you much with Rollei gear, but it's always nice to meet fellow forum members - professionally or otherwise. My cell is in my signature if you want to meet up for a drink or stop by the office.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 08:00:17 pm by Doug Peterson »

Pesto

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 09:18:40 pm »

I have had a lot of experience with Ken Hansen and can recommend him without hesitation. He is incredibly knowledgable and among the most honest human beings that I have ever met. One can not go wrong with Ken.

Douglas Benson.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2012, 12:36:03 am »

Kurland seems to have a lot of stuff in stock
Rolleiflex USA

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 09:46:53 am »

his website shows not a lot in house. Or should one look somewhere else?
Geoff

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 10:36:41 am »

Geoff,
Interesting, but did you call?  I was looking for an AF 50 and their web page didn't have any but i called and they had 3 new ones in stock.  It's possible they've sold out all their inventory.   I really don't know many stores that keep a lot of Rollei stuff on hand. Your and my rollei collection probably exceeds most of the stores anyhow.  ;D
Eric

B&H may have some items too.   
Rolleiflex USA

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2012, 12:24:39 pm »

You are right. No need to look, just time to use what we have more....

Some recent Ken Hansen experiences would be great - he's a very nice guy. I bought from him years ago, then he went to Florida, came back after 2 years, and has been privately dealing for some time. I didn't realize he still had Rollei gear, although I bought a 6003Pro from his son-in-law some time ago.

Geoff

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2012, 12:59:42 pm »

I never had any dealings with Ken personally but haven't heard entirely positive feedback in the past and heard nothing at all about him in the last two or three years so wasn't sure if he was still doing business or not. Of course regarding not 100% positive feedback... the same is true for Kurland and I had one issue with them myself, but I still buy from them on occasion mainly because its hard to find the rollei stuff elsewhere.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 01:12:13 pm by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

rolleiflexpages

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2012, 08:08:55 pm »

Went to Kurlandphoto today but it was rather disappointing. The Rollei 90mm f/4.0 Apo-Symmar they alledgedly had in stock according to their web page turned out not to be available... They did have some other lenses, actually quite a number, but none that interested me in particular. Felt like a waste of time and effort.

EricWHiss

• Rolleiflex USA
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 01:09:58 am »

Sorry about that.   I guess in reality there are too few Rollei dealers all the way across the states.  Why doesn't DHW do more marketing and develop sales distribution here?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 01:16:19 am by EricWHiss »
Rolleiflex USA

Gigi

• some work
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 06:30:11 am »

The great mystery. Never been answered.
Geoff

rolleiflexpages

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2012, 01:54:47 pm »

Sorry about that.   I guess in reality there are too few Rollei dealers all the way across the states.  Why doesn't DHW do more marketing and develop sales distribution here?

Interesting point. Before Franke & Heidecke came to its end there was actually an intention to offer a direct sales channel in Braunschweig, with worldwide shipping. But that plan came to an end with the abrupt demise of F&H. It is certainly something DHW could/should look into as few dealers worldwide actually have Rollei gear in stock.

Steve Hendrix

• http://www.captureintegration.com/
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2012, 03:45:46 pm »

Interesting point. Before Franke & Heidecke came to its end there was actually an intention to offer a direct sales channel in Braunschweig, with worldwide shipping. But that plan came to an end with the abrupt demise of F&H. It is certainly something DHW could/should look into as few dealers worldwide actually have Rollei gear in stock.

If dealers do not have adequate stock for a product intended for a market they are focused on, there can be a number of reasons. Of course, reason 1 could be inadequate cash flow. But assuming the dealer is healthy and focused on the market segment, there is the possibility that the manufacturer does not offer adequate margin for the dealer to sell and support the product properly, and/or also dabbles in behind the dealer's back direct sales. In other words, there is not a serious intent on the part of the manufacturer to engage a beneficial dealer channel. In the USA, this has been DHW's failing, IMO.

Steve Hendrix
Steve Hendrix • 404-543-8475 www.captureintegration.com (e-mail Me)
Phase One | Leaf | Leica | Alpa | Cambo | Sinar | Arca Swiss
Pages: [1]   Go Up