Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hills & Storm, NE of Fresno.  (Read 643 times)

Mjollnir

Hills & Storm, NE of Fresno.
« on: April 19, 2012, 09:39:13 am »

Yeah, I know, Fresno.  That fetid Central Valley pit that most people understandably overlook or drive right past is situated right next to SEKI, Yosemite and a vast amount of the western Sierra.  Hell, I'd live there just to be close to what it's so near to.

N and NE of the city proper, starting around Road 145 or Oneals Road, there are some really nice rolling hills that typify classic CA landscape for me.  Grass, oaks, fences, what people often refer to as "Steinbeck Country", although he was from a bit further west.

We knew it would be storming last weekend, so I had my full assortment of lenses but, out of laziness, I suppose, I left the 20mm 1.7 on the GH2 the entire time.  We started around Table Mountain, just east of the 41/145 interchange, and ended up that night in Mariposa.

All processed in LR3.6.  No color mods whatsoever.  I actually had to DEsaturate some of these because I thought they'd look cartoony.  CP was on the lens, and I did some slight contrast adjustments.  No sharpening, either.  Many more than just these 3, but these are the best that I've PP'd so far.

Road 145, Heading East by tanngrisnir3, on Flickr

Road 208 (Bellview Road) #4 by tanngrisnir3, on Flickr

Road 208 B (Bellview Road) Three Oaks by tanngrisnir3, on Flickr
Pages: [1]   Go Up